• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

Not surprisingly, the Euro ensembles are considerably more tame than the OP run....it pretty much looks like a lot of ensemble means we've seen recently. Redeveloping S of LI or E of NJ and then moving near the benchmark...though it really does strengthen the low quickly, so it looks a heck of a lot better than the GFS ensembles in terms of larger event potential.

That still signals a large event, here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Sh*t, you can be a total azzhole.lol Newbies need to just jump in and assert themselves. It takes a while to get a handle on the various personalities and it's easy to make an unwitting misstep. I think one of my first posts mocked a statement from Will saying that ORH was the hotbed for SNE snowfall. I told him something like ORH couldn't hold a Candle to the Spine of the Berks or something like that. I remember seeing his Darth Vader avatar and thinking "who does this nerd think he's kidding." Little did I know he was a very astute Met.

Still, ORH is a distant 2nd.lol I actually think this place is quite accepting of everyone with a few exceptions. I've certainly asked my fair share of newbie questions and always found a kind response from someone. I think Scott (Coastalwx) has always been very helpful to me and anyone else that asks a question. However, there are vicious sharks as well, I remember getting really pissed that Blizz dared to 'weenie' me. I realize now it's more of a term of endearment than anything else and it was simply his clumsy way of expressing his man crush for me.

:weenie:

You guys are a lot funnier than the nyc/phil thread

Has anyone read the blizzard pics thread down there and seen all the drama over the measurements....no one disputes two feet but those thirty inch totals are getting some serious flack!

I want a storm someday with a smiliar radar loop to sit and spin over the lower ct valley like they had in nnj in the boxing day blizzard lol

Has anyone read the blizzard pics thread down there and seen all the drama over the measurements....no one disputes two feet but those thirty inch totals are getting some serious flack!

I want a storm someday with a smiliar radar loop to sit and spin over the lower ct valley like they had in nnj in the boxing day blizzard lol

What a train wreck that thread became.......... :axe:

If the Rev ever claims to get 30" one day I can imagine the cries of "slantsticker" that he would hear.

I do not disagree with your analysis.

:snowman: :snowman:

What a disaster of a snowpack up in ME & NH. We went XC Skiing at the Great Glen Trails and it's almost non-existent. Wildcat is hurting big time right now. The whole upper mountain was bare and there were only like 15 trails open. Luckily they have a bit of snowmaking. The Jackson XC ski place is virtually bare. They are not even open.:arrowhead:

What a disaster of a snowpack up in ME & NH. We went XC Skiing at the Great Glen Trails and it's almost non-existent. Wildcat is hurting big time right now. The whole upper mountain was bare and there were only like 15 trails open. Luckily they have a bit of snowmaking. The Jackson XC ski place is virtually bare. They are not even open.:arrowhead:

I have full cover in my yard (probably 3"), owing to my location in the woods I guess. On the commute today I was noticing the bare areas in the open fields. Disaster for sure - no ice fishing and no snowmobiling, ski areas having to make their own. At least it appears winter is coming full throttle beginning this weekend.

Archived