Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,541
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

July Discobs 2024


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

Heat Advisory for the I-95 corridor tomorrow afternoon 

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
346 PM EDT Wed Jul 3 2024

DCZ001-MDZ011-013-014-016-504-506-VAZ053>056-527-040400-
/O.NEW.KLWX.HT.Y.0004.240704T1600Z-240705T0000Z/
District of Columbia-Southern Baltimore-Prince Georges-
Anne Arundel-Charles-Central and Southeast Montgomery-
Central and Southeast Howard-Fairfax-
Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria-Stafford-Spotsylvania-
Central and Southeast Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-
Including the cities of Washington, Baltimore, Bowie,
Suitland-Silver Hill, Clinton, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel,
Camp Springs, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Severn, South Gate,
Severna Park, Arnold, Odenton, St. Charles, Waldorf, Bethesda,
Rockville, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Columbia, Ellicott City,
Reston, Herndon, Annandale, Centreville, Chantilly, McLean,
Franconia, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Falmouth,
Fredericksburg, Dale City, Manassas, Woodbridge, Lake Ridge,
and Montclair
346 PM EDT Wed Jul 3 2024

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM EDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heat index values around 100 to 105 expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern and southern Maryland,
  The District of Columbia, and central and northern Virginia.

* WHEN...From noon to 8 PM EDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
  illnesses to occur.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS... The combination of air temperatures in the
  90s and high humidity will result in the potential for increased
  heat-related illnesses, especially those partaking in outdoor
  Independence Day activities
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yoda said:

Heat Advisory for the I-95 corridor tomorrow afternoon 

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
346 PM EDT Wed Jul 3 2024

DCZ001-MDZ011-013-014-016-504-506-VAZ053>056-527-040400-
/O.NEW.KLWX.HT.Y.0004.240704T1600Z-240705T0000Z/
District of Columbia-Southern Baltimore-Prince Georges-
Anne Arundel-Charles-Central and Southeast Montgomery-
Central and Southeast Howard-Fairfax-
Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria-Stafford-Spotsylvania-
Central and Southeast Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-
Including the cities of Washington, Baltimore, Bowie,
Suitland-Silver Hill, Clinton, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel,
Camp Springs, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Severn, South Gate,
Severna Park, Arnold, Odenton, St. Charles, Waldorf, Bethesda,
Rockville, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Columbia, Ellicott City,
Reston, Herndon, Annandale, Centreville, Chantilly, McLean,
Franconia, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Falmouth,
Fredericksburg, Dale City, Manassas, Woodbridge, Lake Ridge,
and Montclair
346 PM EDT Wed Jul 3 2024

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM EDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heat index values around 100 to 105 expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern and southern Maryland,
  The District of Columbia, and central and northern Virginia.

* WHEN...From noon to 8 PM EDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
  illnesses to occur.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS... The combination of air temperatures in the
  90s and high humidity will result in the potential for increased
  heat-related illnesses, especially those partaking in outdoor
  Independence Day activities

I looked at my NWS location and it forecasts high of 90, and Heat Advisory. Oh? We issue HA for 90f now? I clicked inside the Beltway and got it up to 93. Still pretty pathetic. Maybe we'll bust over.

76/67 here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

I looked at my NWS location and it forecasts high of 90, and Heat Advisory. Oh? We issue HA for 90f now? I clicked inside the Beltway and got it up to 93. Still pretty pathetic. Maybe we'll bust over.

76/67 here

I think more it's because it's 4th of July and tons of people will be out and about all afternoon and evening 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
352 AM EDT Thu Jul 4 2024

DCZ001-MDZ011-013-014-016-504-506-VAZ053>056-527-042000-
/O.NEW.KLWX.HT.Y.0005.240705T1600Z-240706T0000Z/
/O.CON.KLWX.HT.Y.0004.240704T1600Z-240705T0000Z/
District of Columbia-Southern Baltimore-Prince Georges-
Anne Arundel-Charles-Central and Southeast Montgomery-
Central and Southeast Howard-Fairfax-
Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria-Stafford-Spotsylvania-
Central and Southeast Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-
Including the cities of Washington, Baltimore, Bowie,
Suitland-Silver Hill, Clinton, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel,
Camp Springs, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Severn, South Gate,
Severna Park, Arnold, Odenton, St. Charles, Waldorf, Bethesda,
Rockville, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Columbia, Ellicott City,
Reston, Herndon, Annandale, Centreville, Chantilly, McLean,
Franconia, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Falmouth,
Fredericksburg, Dale City, Manassas, Woodbridge, Lake Ridge,
and Montclair
352 AM EDT Thu Jul 4 2024

...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM EDT
THIS EVENING...
...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...For the first Heat Advisory, heat index values between
  100 to 105 expected. For the second Heat Advisory, heat index
  values up to 107 expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern and southern Maryland,
  The District of Columbia and central and northern Virginia.

* WHEN...For the first Heat Advisory, from noon today to 8 PM
  EDT this evening. For the second Heat Advisory, from noon to 8
  PM EDT Friday.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RDM said:

90/77 already, at 1040am.  Had planned to work outside part of today... May need to rethink that. 

It's miserable out there. I'm in Falls Church visiting my parents, went out to test fit some new sunshades on my car, was dripping sweat within 10 mins

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I can see how today is going to go.  Little cell moving east once again just evaporated into thin air on my doorstep.

If I ever win mega millions, I’m paying for a pipe installation to bring your ass water lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Brutally dry here. The farms in my area have total crop loss, bushes, shrubs and small trees are starting die. My neighbors apple tree looks like it's about to give up. Missing the rain over the weekend was the difference between losing and saving the years crop for farmers. I hope they have crop insurance. 

Yea we need a solid 2.5 to 4 inches of rain spread out over a 24 to 48 hour period. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea we need a solid 2.5 to 4 inches of rain spread out over a 24 to 48 hour period. 

That’ll happen when we get the remnants of hurricane Zeta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is basically a standard, mid-Atlantic summer pattern. Humid with a chance of afternoon and evening t-storms into next week with the except of a day or two of drier weather. Some will get rain, some won’t. There’s no widespread storm to track. Personally, this is one of my favorite types of weather patterns (though I do agree…it’s a little bit of a spicy tortilla out there).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2024 at 2:50 PM, dailylurker said:

Brutally dry here. The farms in my area have total crop loss, bushes, shrubs and small trees are starting die. My neighbors apple tree looks like it's about to give up. Missing the rain over the weekend was the difference between losing and saving the years crop for farmers. I hope they have crop insurance. 

All the dairy farms around here have extensive irrigation systems. It is a must given the scattered, inconsistent nature of summer rains. Not sure how any farm in our region can depend exclusively on mother nature to deliver the needed water for feed corn etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...