• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

One of those rare days where it was warmer in the mountains. Other than a brief shower this morning it was a good day in deep creek. Sun came out for a bit. 67 when i left this afternoon and I watched the car thermometer DROP driving home. 

Im assuming some sort of easterly winds bringing in cool ocean air?

9 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

One of those rare days where it was warmer in the mountains. Other than a brief shower this morning it was a good day in deep creek. Sun came out for a bit. 67 when i left this afternoon and I watched the car thermometer DROP driving home. 

Im assuming some sort of easterly winds bringing in cool ocean air?

Yeah classic wedge with marine airmass ; even VA Beach stuck in low 50s.  YUCK!  We were on the good side yesterday with 70s and sun while not far away in Philly it was overcast with upper 40s and low 50s.  The boundary got us today

The last 30 days says doom regarding moisture . DC and east have done great. Western areas are lacking. My April moisture is not good  1.92 vs  ..2 30 to date ...................................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormy said:

The last 30 days says doom regarding moisture . DC and east have done great. Western areas are lacking. My April moisture is not good  1.92 vs  ..2 30 to date ...................................

**looks around at the 'greenness' after just cutting the grass for 2nd time this week**

Currently at 3.97 for the month here, the 5 CO-OPs within 30 miles of the house running 2.75-4.03 as of today. 

16 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

**looks around at the 'greenness' after just cutting the grass for 2nd time this week**

Currently at 3.97 for the month here, the 5 CO-OPs within 30 miles of the house running 2.75-4.03 as of today. 

I was gonna say, Stormy must live in a micro climate desert. Garrett County MD is flush with too much precipitation. They've had to let water out of deep creek lake, it has exceeded the April limits and was half a foot below the spillway elevation (which is about 2ft above normal for this time of year).

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm over here on Wye Island doing some hiking and it's perfect weather. It's nice and cool with gray sky. It's really pretty over here. 

Nice. I have been outside working on the plant beds and its perfect. No wind, no sun, dry, and 50 degrees. I know some want 80s and humid but eff that shit, too early. We get that for 5-6 months as it is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

DCA messed up again , running mostly +10 versus surrounding stations 

53 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The 5-minute obs haven't been coming in since 2am.  But you are right, the 62 high is 5 degrees warmer than any of the local stations.  I've only been to 54 today.

Water temp in that part of the river is in the low/mid 60s right now, an East wind is the culprit.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic