• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

This is classic elevated convection associated with the stalled boundary, with warm air riding up and over the colder air at the surface(isentropic lift). If you look at the soundings you can see the temp inversion, which indicates the front in the vertical.

• Like 7

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
35 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I think I might have had more thunder already than all of last summer LOL

My area has 12-ish inches of rainfall for the first quarter of the year and April looks to start off wet

So no being missed? ;)

Holy moly, my area is NOT missing this round - absolute deluge at the moment and has been for hours in northern Balt County. Took the dogs up to the NCR trail which, not surprisingly, we had to ourselves, and standing water everywhere. Labrador heaven. 

• Like 4

FYI re the radar

NOUS61 KLWX 011347
FTMLWX

MESSAGE DATE:  APR 01 2024 13:45:37

THE WSR-88D KLWX IS CURRENTLY OFFLINE AS TECHNICIANS ARE CURRENTLY
PERFORMING REQUIRED MAINTENANCE. IT IS EXPECTED TO RETURN TO SERVICE
THIS AFTERNOON.

&&

LFR

• Thanks 2

2.54 " March total rainfall. This is only 72% of normal.

A rather remarkable statistic:   8 of the past 8 Marches have been drier than normal in my area. 100% dry in March during the past 8 years!!

7 of the past 8 winters have had below normal snowfall.

87% of the time during the past 8 years, low winter snowfall precedes a dry March west of the Blue Ridge.

The last wet March was 2015. During the winter of 14/15 I had above normal snowfall.

Before that, March of 2014 was wet. I also had above normal snowfall for the 13/14 winter!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1.85 for March - even less than Stormy .... 2 consecutive months under 2 inches.... 0.00 since midnight.... With the exception of Nov Dec Jan almost every month going back to the end of 22 has been below average on precip...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stormy said:

A rather remarkable statistic:   8 of the past 8 Marches have been drier than normal in my area. 100% dry in March during the past 8 years!!

87% of the time during the past 8 years, low winter snowfall precedes a dry March west of the Blue Ridge.

The last wet March was 2015. During the winter of 14/15 I had above normal snowfall.

Before that, March of 2014 was wet. I also had above normal snowfall for the 13/14 winter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your study seems to give you the ability to predict March precipitation based on DJF snowfall. But...

.... If you can find a way to make March (accurately) predict the following year DJF snowfall; well, that would certainly get attention.

The jet stream has been too far north. My concern is drier summers. Tbd

3 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Your study seems to give you the ability to predict March precipitation based on DJF snowfall. But...

.... If you can find a way to make March (accurately) predict the following year DJF snowfall; well, that would certainly get attention.

My research allows me to predict that whatever the hell happens in March there is a 90% chance that DJF snowfall will be below normal.

• Haha 1