• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 2024

46 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

back door fronts are thankfully becoming less common here too, they usually happen in early April and not this late in the month

Are they? Feels like we've had many that have lasted into May in the past several years, espec with these crazy blocking patterns. Memory could be hazy trying to remember earlier times tho!

5 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

Are they? Feels like we've had many that have lasted into May in the past several years, espec with these crazy blocking patterns. Memory could be hazy trying to remember earlier times tho!

We're getting more blocking patterns in April and May, but I'm not sure if they are back door fronts.  With temps dropping into the mid-upper 30s, they seem more like pseudowinter type arctic fronts.  Instead of getting those in the winter when we're supposed to be getting them, we're getting them in spring now.  But we're getting these overperforming warm days too, like last April we had two days in the 90s and this is now our third day in the 80s for the month.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

and JFK hitting 80.

I hope the oceans warm enough in the next few decades that seabreezes become a thing of the past.

if that happened we will have to build multiple nuclear plants because the demand for power for cooling will go through the roof with all that heat

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

well the party is finally over here the sea breeze has kicked in :(

Still hanging on to 89 degrees here, but I know it won't last much longer. Should have a pretty good drop here around 5pm. 

I enjoy a few torch days this time of year, but I wouldn't want it consistently hot this early. May is the big lettuce month, and obviously the lettuce crop wouldn't be as good if it was hot all the time. I can wait until June for the consistent hot weather. I'm glad we're going back to more normal highs in the 60s and 70s after today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Still hanging on to 89 degrees here, but I know it won't last much longer. Should have a pretty good drop here around 5pm. 

I enjoy a few torch days this time of year, but I wouldn't want it consistently hot this early. May is the big lettuce month, and obviously the lettuce crop wouldn't be as good if it was hot all the time. I can wait until June for the consistent hot weather. I'm glad we're going back to more normal highs in the 60s and 70s after today. 

I like a combo of cool and warm weather too, as long as it's sunny on most days.  Rain once a week or once every 10 days.  I can do without mist and fog though, that's pretty much useless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I like a combo of cool and warm weather too, as long as it's sunny on most days.  Rain once a week or once every 10 days.  I can do without mist and fog though, that's pretty much useless.

Yep I love variety with weather. I love a winter with plenty of warm days but also some big snowstorms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

13 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Shot back up to 88.7 on increasing cloudiness but a stronger SW wind

Edit: 89.1.... late afternoon 90?

55 minutes ago, FPizz said:

86 here as well.  More clouds than sun now.

My postage stamp mercury special, in the shade, at 3:30 and under partly sunny skies is running cooler than Central Park. As always…

IMG_0195.jpeg

• Like 3