Dump Trump
April 2024

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

People at the beach on the last day of April said:

"WE LOVE GLOBAL WARMING!" LOL

This was on ABC7 news just now.

I didn't realize all these people were at the beach

I guess you can go to the beach even though there are no lifeguards there

people are just sitting and reading under umbrellas at the beach or just walking along the sand

14 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

people are just sitting and reading under umbrellas at the beach or just walking along the sand

Sure  you can it's open all year.....swim at your own risk however

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

People at the beach on the last day of April said:

"WE LOVE GLOBAL WARMING!" LOL

This was on ABC7 news just now.

Gives an updated meaning to the ‘ignorance is bliss’ axiom. As always ….

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rclab said:

Yes it is, but it does seem to explain the main reason why the public doesn't seem to care that much about a warmer climate, they probably like the idea of a warmer climate.  It hits differently if you talk about higher asthma rates, lung damage, heart attacks and other health conditions stemming from emissions and the pollution they create.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

No it will just be more like Florida.

It's going to happen.

temps in the 40s are just too cold.

That would still kill off our aquatic life here as it is outside their tolerance levels. Our fish are not tropical. Besides don't you like winter? Regardless yes, it will happen, but hopefully not in my lifetime. Once atmospheric CO2 levels reach 750ppm acidification will prevent corals from building reefs and shellfish won't be able to make shells (so dead). 

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

I was just in Long Beach, it was a mob scene this afternoon. And you can walk on the beach even with no lifeguards. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I was just in Long Beach, it was a mob scene this afternoon. And you can walk on the beach even with no lifeguards. 

I can remember the big beach crowds before the season began. It gets really packed once the train crowds arrive from NYC. Gino’s is a goldmine with a line out the door as many people stop there first. It was my favorite pizza on Long Island. Now near New Haven it’s a pizza lovers paradise. Just had Modern pizza from New Haven over the weekend and it’s one of the best pizzas that I ever had. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I can remember the big beach crowds before the season began. It gets really packed once the train crowds arrive from NYC. Gino’s is a goldmine with a line out the door as many people stop there first. It was my favorite pizza on Long Island. Now near New Haven it’s a pizza lovers paradise. Just had Modern pizza from New Haven over the weekend and it’s one of the best pizzas that I ever had. 

Huge lines today in the middle of town, Gino’s etc. Didn’t get a chance to stop at Gino’s, should have. That’s never a bad call. 

• Like 2

Thunderstorms are moving across parts of the region this evening. A few locations could experience strong wind gusts and hail.

In the wake of today's early-season heat, readings will trend closer to normal levels for tomorrow. May should see the first week wind up somewhat warmer than normal.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was 0.0°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +0.8°C for the week centered around April 24. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.23°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.98°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is fading. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was -2.31 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.532 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal April (1991-2020 normal). April will likely finish with a mean temperature near 55.8° (2.1° above normal).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rclab said:

There are a lot of positives to global warming. The negatives just outweigh them.

No reason for people that enjoy the warmer temps year round to be demeaned. 

Many people I know hate snow and cold and think 45 with less snow the past few winters is a great thing