• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024

55 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Yes!  I found this video earlier and there was another one I saw from Long Island from Merrick from Nassau County like this.

The fracking quakes in Oklahoma were mag 5.6, 5.6 and 5.8 and caused property damage and quake insurance is through the roof there now. I would never want to experience a 6.0 or higher, it would probably cause a ton of property damage around here.

28 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

First time I ever felt a quake. It was a quick jolt with rumbling... bizarre experience for sure.

Probably since it was pretty shallow.

• Thanks 2

I was in Bernardsville at the supermarket here when it happened. Everything was shaking and rumbling and people were rushing outside. It was crazy. I guess I felt it stronger than others since the epicenter was less than 10 miles from me.

• Like 4

It first felt like an explosion but was going on for too long to be one. Last real earthquake I experienced was when I was in Virginia Beach in 2011. But I’ve felt two much smaller ones more recently when I was visiting in-laws in Ecuador.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

How much for Philly?

but seriously at my house, it felt like a freight train was going through my basement.  Only way I can describe it.  

I'm about 25 miles NW of Philly, felt it pretty good here.

12 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

animals always feel it sooner than we do, but in this case the dog was a little slow to react lol

My dog - nothing.  Cat slept.  Freight train but nothing from those bums.

• Haha 2

Entire building was rumbling and vibrating for a good 15 seconds here in Bayside, Queens.

The other 2 earthquakes in my lifetime (NYC) were nothing like this one. Those were very weak.

Felt one in Greece as well, but didn't last long.

Definitely memorable and a bit scary.

• Like 4