• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024

26 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Not trying to ginx it but the wind here has been a dud so far.  My brother just came up here from fairfield and said it was way worse down there. Odd.

Im going to have to agree honestly, peak gusts were probably around 45 mph or so here. There were definitely worse storms wind wise this past winter. 

Looks like that's about it. 1.78" here today after 0.95" yesterday, so 2.73" for this very wet 2 day period. About what was expected. 

Boy do we need a drying out period now. Thankfully the next week looks dry, and I'm looking forward to the warmup next week. We should hit 70 here on Tuesday. It'll be nice to get back to weather that's good for outdoor activities. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

Im going to have to agree honestly, peak gusts were probably around 45 mph or so here. There were definitely worse storms wind wise this past winter. 

I just went outside and the trees weren’t even moving. Dead calm. Idk maybe it has something to do with the wind direction 

37 minutes ago, psv88 said:

2.13” for the event. Long Island is turning into a swamp. After these events ground is soaked and water ponding everywhere. Make it stop 

5th or 6th time in the last few months my backyard became a pond. 

46 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

JFK gusted to 54mph so far, I think HWW criteria is 55+. I’m sure a number of areas met it so far. Not to the point there’s widespread damage but the “nasty meter” today definitely off the charts. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

JFK gusted to 54mph so far, I think HWW criteria is 55+. I’m sure a number of areas met it so far. Not to the point there’s widespread damage but the “nasty meter” today definitely off the charts. 

sustained winds 40 mph or greater, for better than 1 hour - and/or wind gusts 58 mph or greater, for any duration.

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

sustained winds 40 mph or greater, for better than 1 hour - and/or wind gusts 58 mph or greater, for any duration.

There are trees and large branches down on power lines across the island. Some of my friends are without power. The HWW was the right call 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Winds seem to be picking up again, Ill admit I was wrong when I stated the winds were only gusting to the 40s some widespread 50+ in the lastest PNS https://www.weather.gov/media/okx/windpns.pdfhttps://www.weather.gov/media/okx/windpns.pdf

In terms of rainfall, 2.24” here in Lindenhurst. On a side note it looked like a tropical storm outside at times with the heavier rains earlier today, definitely didn’t feel like one though with the wind chill around 30.

3 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Yea only 35mph  here. Seems like our area really missed the worst of the storm. However, did get a little over 2 inches of rain.

Seems it. I’m at 2.22” in Syosset & 2” in Muttontown so far.

13 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

Winds seem to be picking up again, Ill admit I was wrong when I stated the winds were only gusting to the 40s some widespread 50+ in the lastest PNS https://www.weather.gov/media/okx/windpns.pdfhttps://www.weather.gov/media/okx/windpns.pdf

In terms of rainfall, 2.24” here in Lindenhurst. On a side note it looked like a tropical storm outside at times with the heavier rains earlier today, definitely didn’t feel like one though with the wind chill around 30.

In Melville this afternoon the flags/branches were being blown around pretty good and rain in sideways sheets. Definitely a tropical storm vibe. 

Rain and wind will continue into tomorrow with temperatures mainly in the 40s. A storm total 1"-3" rainfall with locally higher amounts is verifying across the region.

Coastal flooding at times of high tide is likely. Central and upstate New York and central and northern New England could see accumulating snow, especially in higher elevations and away from the coastline.

After a cool first week of April, it will likely turn noticeably warmer during the second week of the month.

It is very likely that New York City's Central Park will finish the 2023-2024 snow season with less than 10" of seasonal snowfall for a record second consecutive season. Records go back to 1869.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.4°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.0°C for the week centered around March 20. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +0.42°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +1.27°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is fading. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was -11.47 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.368 today.

10 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Rain and wind will continue into tomorrow with temperatures mainly in the 40s. A storm total 1"-3" rainfall with locally higher amounts is verifying across the region.

Coastal flooding at times of high tide is likely. Central and upstate New York and central and northern New England could see accumulating snow, especially in higher elevations and away from the coastline.

After a cool first week of April, it will likely turn noticeably warmer during the second week of the month.

It is very likely that New York City's Central Park will finish the 2023-2024 snow season with less than 10" of seasonal snowfall for a record second consecutive season. Records go back to 1869.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.4°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.0°C for the week centered around March 20. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +0.42°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +1.27°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is fading. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was -11.47 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.368 today.

I think it’s time to pull the plug and call time of death on any chance of NYC making it to 10” snow this winter :( 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Looks like that's about it. 1.78" here today after 0.95" yesterday, so 2.73" for this very wet 2 day period. About what was expected. 

Boy do we need a drying out period now. Thankfully the next week looks dry, and I'm looking forward to the warmup next week. We should hit 70 here on Tuesday. It'll be nice to get back to weather that's good for outdoor activities. 

Rain is not done yet…

• Like 1