• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

it was warmer by 4 F yesterday at this time, despite today supposedly being warmer.

this is what happens when even thin, gossamer cloud filters pass over in this cursed New England cold well in spring. Like somehow the sun is weaker than any other place along this same latitude on Earth and even barely perceptible dimming robs 5 F.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

actually I've noticed this in recent years ... way more so than I recall observing this through the 1980s and 1990s ...earlier 2000s. 

we get a lot of these ridge line cloud triggers ...a lot more of them, anyway. Looping this time sensy image below and you get the distinct impression that the elevations are puffing out cloud plumes like the hill tops are chimneys, and sending them down stream -

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

These are significant cooling offsets.  I'm not aware that anyone is really noticing this, but it seems to cost us a couple clicks or more of high temp when our mornings get harassed by that phenomenon.

I think the increasing theta-e in the ambient atmospheric hemisphere ...then forced over even the smaller elevations of our region is helping to keep our high temperatures down - just a little.

sat seems to confirm the present highway temperature robbing sun stealer cloud fractal may be the last.  so we'll see if the temp surges.  

After today ... we may not see this kind of mild air for long while  :(    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

sat seems to confirm the present highway temperature robbing sun stealer cloud fractal may be the last.  so we'll see if the temp surges.  

When we discussed this yesterday though, we were told that it’s a March ‘12 Junior for sure.   But we knew better.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Probably last mid-60’s for 2-3 weeks. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it was warmer by 4 F yesterday at this time, despite today supposedly being warmer.

this is what happens when even thin, gossamer cloud filters pass over in this cursed New England cold well in spring. Like somehow the sun is weaker than any other place along this same latitude on Earth and even barely perceptible dimming robs 5 F.  

Up 5 from yesterday here 62 again already .  Think we make a run at 66-67 here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Up 5 from yesterday here 62 again already .  Think we make a run at 66-67 here. 

yeah ...the orograthic cloud patterning aspect I was discussing is more N of the CT/RI border's with MA.