Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

4 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

@ag3 @BxEngine@MJO812

This was about 30 minutes ago...

snow2.jpg

I get it…and being that close to the water definitely makes a huge impact too. But thats not wet ground, thats snowcovered. At least when discussing accumulations re: models. Thats all i was saying lol. Its been said a lot here the last few days that “no way will those total verify, the roads will stay wet”. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

Roads just started to get snowcovered. I'm right by the Throgs Neck bridge like literally the most northern part of Queens and the main roads just got snowcovered, I'm not making this up guys.

You have water influence there. I’m on 147th and 12th Ave. 2”+ and roads blanketed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

I get it…and being that close to the water definitely makes a huge impact too. But thats not wet ground, thats snowcovered. At least when discussing accumulations re: models. Thats all i was saying lol. Its been said a lot here the last few days that “no way will those total verify, the roads will stay wet”. 

Gotcha. Just to clarify though, I did say wet main roads and a nice little coating on the grass. We dumping now though so lets have some fun. Hopefully the sun angle doesn't melt everything, I kid I kid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ag3 said:

You have water influence there. I’m on 147th and 12th Ave. 2”+ and roads blanketed.

I think it has more to do with the banding nature of the storm, with the temp what it is, we need heavier snow to accumulate quickly, which is why we started to add up when the heavier bands moved in around 7 AM here.

53 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

3 miles west of Middletown NY already has over 8 inches and that's right on I-84. The models last night had that area less than an inch, my area 12 miles south of I84 is approaching 6.5 inches. I was modeled for 2 last night.

I think last nights overdone push to the south is the bigger fail of the models for this area.

So going from 12-18 inches to 1-2 inches in south Ny ain’t no big deal lmao!

1 minute ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

The back edge is slowing down too,as it cranks and pivots. Any slower movement and amounts increase for all of us. 

Hope your right, storm seems to be pulling away even faster?  3.5" here in Garwwod NJ, central Union County.  It was snowing heavily, but has backed off to just moderate...

• Like 1

Still snowing a good amount here in Bayside. Let's hope some of those yellow radar returns south of Long Island make its way into NYC. If it doesn't, then if it continues snowing at this rate, then 5-6" is a safe bet. Storm is chugging along real fast, might be over by 1 pm latest over here. 

• Like 1