• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I really have to get weatherbell. weathermodels sucks. still waiting for the 18z euro to roll out

Dude, it’s on this part of the menu…it’s been out for like 5 min

IMG_0274.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think the place is want recon for this storm is up in the Great Lakes because that will tell us if the northern stream is trying to get enough subtle interaction to crush us….that’s where the differences have been.

@Typhoon Tip mentioned this earlier as well and I agree it’s the northern stream being the key player. Not saying the southern downstream ridging isn’t important, but the northern stream evolution is what gives the room for the downstream ridging to amplify. 

At this stage, how much of a shift can we expect?  Realize the ridiculousness of the question given how today played out.

1 minute ago, HinghamBoss said:

At this stage, how much of a shift can we expect?  Realize the ridiculousness of the question given how today played out.

I think 20-25 miles is fair game. Keep in mind though that the change in outcome is not linear…with each bump north, QPF will non-linearly increase because the dynamics drastically improve with these further north solutions with a little more northern stream interaction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

It's not loading for me. I've even refreshed several times

image.thumb.png.c86064fa85704f1365b02d8f29a8d329.png

Don’t do ptype…those maps take forever (and I agree it’s annoying that they do). Do 3-hr QPF or total QPF or other maps like the 500 vort maps. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That was epic in CT/MA.  Wasn't that the one with the perpetual RI sucker hole?

Don’t…. Remind Me….. of the storm you guys have STILL not explained how it happened.  

How does someone get 2 Feet to my North, 2 Feet to my NE, and 2 Feet WEST of RI…

But Central RI got 2”.  2 inches.  That’s impossible.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

FWIW - the 18z GFS, 18z NAM (12km and 3km) still show excellent snow growth for BDL/HFD. Even on the QPF gradient the efficient dendritic growth could help. 

How are you feeling about southern Fairfield County?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

it's a little early but downstream radar looks good for that precip into Ohio Will was talking about, let's hope it pans out

Also, center of circulation appears to be more in western third of Tennessee rather than eastern half depicted by 7:00 PM GFS and Euro modeling position.  

31B53D4E-564B-4CE6-AB1C-8A0EAEC9B833.jpeg

• Weenie 2