• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, tomcatct said:

Today around 6am when I let my lab out, for the first time all winter the birds were chirping. 

Not scientific,  but I would have guessed spring is close. 

So it's not going to surprise me if this thing wiffs.

I just pruned a birch with a pole saw in a hoodie.

The airmass is bad. The one shot for the coast was big rates and cooling, but if it's a weaker system, even the places that get grazed wouldn't accumulate much on the coast. 

I've not had much hope for this system locally, but now there's even a question of why it will suck. 

• Like 1

I don't know guys. A lot of you are saying toss the euro. Throw it out. It's a horrible model. But what if it's right? We've had a couple of instances in past years where it looked like we were going to get a big storm and at the last minute it sneaked away. I hope it's wrong, because I think we're all looking forward to this lol

Just now, ma blizzard said:

If the 18z HRRR follows suit, it would be concerning ..

It looks like it is going to....coming in flatter on 18z so far. Not sure it will be as bad as the RAP, but the trend will be south this run.

What is concerning isn't just the south trend in and of itself...it's also causing the dynamics to be weaker because you're not curling up that vort as much like we see when you get just a tiny bit of northern stream insert.

• Like 1

What is concerning isn't just the south trend in and of itself...it's also causing the dynamics to be weaker because you're not curling up that vort as much like we see when you get just a tiny bit of northern stream insert.

More concerning is a miss….not the strength. A miss would be a disaster of all forecasts