• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

To me a 0.1-0.4 is Enso neutral positive, 0.5 is Beginning weak. 0.5-1.0 is Weak to Mod, 1.0 is solid Mod, 1.0-1.5 Mod - Strong, 1.5 Beging Strong, 1.5 - 2.0 Strong to very strong, and 2.0 + or higher Super/Extreme whatever floats one's boat for a description.

1.8ONI is undoubtedly strong.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

1957-58 was strong with a monster in February and then the famous March 58. The one thing about March 58 is I was staring at 10-12 inches which was slushy on the roads making sledding on hard packed street snow/ice virtually impossible.

18" of wind-blown powder in February and 24" of paste.  My mother and 4 y.o. little brother were flying home on 3/19 and scheduled to switch airplanes at DCA for a dinner flight to EWR.  Snow at DCA and fog at EWR closed both, but they were able, barely, to land at (then) Idlewild.  She then had to haul 2 suitcases and an overtired and hungry kid into a taxi to Newark.  We got home before dz/fog turned to snow, but not by much.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice ML goodies for CT/RI/SE MA that run. Maybe even tickling the pike. 

Starting to get some movement toward the model consensus now on the outliers (ICON went south and GFS went north)

Looking pretty good today. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looking pretty good today. 

Yeah I’m slightly surprised at where it is right now. Expected it to be further north but there’s plenty of time for trends…1/7 was a southern streamer that juiced back north in the final 84h. 

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I feel like this will be a south of Pike event. Let’s see how models look tomorrow but I’m planning on a light event up this way.

I wouldn’t throw in the towel yet there. You might be in a good spot when we’re looking at this on Sunday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

CIPS sure loves many events that bullseyed Philly or C-S NJ.  I would not be surprised with an end result where BDL gets smashed or Philly does and BDL sees cirrus...its really still possible anything in that range happens

CIPS is based off the 12z GFS today…so the analogs are going to have a lot of suppressed systems.