• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

He’s done. Northarlington101 just sat there in his foxhole, staring into empty space, firearm by his feet as the German artillery explodes around him.  Winterwxlvr is there, telling him to snap out of it to no avail.  Winterwxlvr is taking on that entire German artillery unit single handedly. 

We need our version of General Patton to whip these soldiers into shape!  Or General McAuliffe, saying "NUTS!" to the Germans asking him to surrender at Bastogne.

2 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We need our version of General Patton to whip these soldiers into shape!  Or General McAuliffe, saying "NUTS!" to the Germans asking him to surrender at Bastogne.

We need someone to step up before they attack Pearl Harbor again! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

fwiw… the days of the hits are

PDIII MECS (long duration 10-12”)

Mar 3-4 HECS (20-30 central VA, PSU fringed with 8”)

March 25 SECS (end of run, at least 6-8”)

how could a bad pattern produce that EPS Control run emoji6.png

Exactly! These LR models are available to the public due their accuracy. They wouldn't release them to us if there were flaws or beta testing. So there's that ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A simple way to keep your sanity at this point is just to look at the EURO global for discrete threats in 5 day increments.  It really helps  to keep my expectations in check.  It is not going to snow this upcoming work week.  It was always a stretch to think VD storm would be cold enough and it won't be.  Will it snow PD weekend, or beyond, TBD.  Not inside 5 days yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

A simple way to keep your sanity at this point is just to look at the EURO global for discrete threats in 5 day increments.  It really helps  to keep my expectations in check.  It is not going to snow this upcoming work week.  It was always a stretch to think VD storm would be cold enough and it won't be.  Will it snow PD weekend, or beyond, TBD.  Not inside 5 days yet.

We're not good at winter anymore...until it snows.

13 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Thank you.  I was wondering why all the cliff jumping and crankiness around here when we know that we usually have no idea of the outcome more than 4-5 days out. 

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

12z GFS keeps up that nice Miller A rainstorm for Presidents Day 

I await the PSU drought-buster storm! :lol:

But semi-seriously, that energy north of the Lakes being held farther back doesn't do us much favors for the mid-level thermals.  Unless somehow, we get some kind of phase in later runs?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic