• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

33F, calm and nothing happening. Snow on street has melted. Maybe a half inch on the grass. NWS still calling for six inches for me. We'll see. I'm retired so no worries about driving into work tomorrow morning. On the other hand, if my daughter goes into labor tonight and its snowing hard, it'll be hard to talk my wife down. I'll have to bear personal blame for the entire (weather) event. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 8611Blizz said:

I think this Box map is fairly close to correct unfortunately.The coast is cooked with these temps. 

StormTotalSnow.jpg

I disagree. I'm just west of Hartford and I'm still in the under inch range on the map. We already had just shy of 2 inches from the event today. And if we do get some more tonight that would just add to the totals.

• Like 1

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

I disagree. I'm just west of Hartford and I'm still in the under inch range on the map. We already had just shy of 2 inches from the event today. And if we do get some more tonight that would just add to the totals.

Same thing for my area

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Maybe it's not correct for that area but the map so far is correct for my area. And looking at the recent runs they are on the right track for this area.

Finally starting to accumulate but radar still shaky here.  I’m ready for one of those normal storms where the warm iladvection moves in dumps for a bit lightens up, then increases as a coastal gets going. But it accumulates right away and it never really stops snowing.  It actually feels like a snowstorm. Even when snowing hard at times today it’s never felt like a snow storm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

Had 0.3" earlier today (that now melted) during the brief heavy snow before the slot and flip back... now pinging pretty heavily.

That's odd. You're in southington and I'm in Plainville. We had just under about an inch and a half here. I am up on the hill behind Big Y. About 500 feet up. Maybe being up a little higher made a difference. I do know this morning when we went to church at 7:30 it was just starting to mix, when we got out of really started to snow. Up our hill. It started sticking on the roads halfway up the hill. It's been pinging here now for a little while too

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

That's odd. You're in southington and I'm in Plainville. We had just under about an inch and a half here. I am up on the hill behind Big Y. About 500 feet up. Maybe being up a little higher made a difference. I do know this morning when we went to church at 7:30 it was just starting to mix, when we got out of really started to snow. Up our hill. It started sticking on the roads halfway up the hill. It's been pinging here now for a little while too

Latitude plus an extra 250-300 feet I'd wager. Wasn't until around 9:30 or a little before it snowed for a bit here.

• Like 1

Radar looks good in northern mid Atlantic but that’s decaying as it swings east, and the mid levels open back up.

Misconception to think that whole structure swings through tonight in that same state. It’s also going to speed up.

I feel like 2” is optimistic scenario here; and most likely outcome  is a coating. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Let’s make hay while we can.  I share the concerns of our Pope.

I'll take what I can get. Good news, at least in my neck of the woods, is snow growth has been good and it hasn't actually been super wet despite the temp. Didn't actually measure it, but the half inch that has fallen so far actually felt like fairly decent ratio stuff. Let it pile up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Radar looks good in northern mid Atlantic but that’s decaying as it swings east, and the mid levels open back up.

Misconception to think that whole structure swings through tonight in that same state. It’s also going to speed up.

I feel like 2” is optimistic scenario here; and most likely outcome  is a coating. 

Weird latest HRRR has 6”+ there from 5pm on. But radar looks horrible up where you are. I think coating to an inch looks like it. Colossal fail for HRRR this entire system . Time to retire that model. 

• Like 2