• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yesterday most people were thinking it would get crunched SE. Now a whole bunch of people yelling congrats to dendrite and powderfreak. Lot of minds on tilt these days. 

It could honestly go either direction. 

Not sure where this is coming from ?  

well there's not a lot of conceptual awareness of synoptic Meteorology ( haha, you think -) going on there. Obviously just knee-jerk defensive psychobabble 

it's all good.  It's a human engagement. 

There's obviously a chance this could go NW and become a bigger ordeal up that way... sure.  It's non-zero.  I agree re either direction.

But the 'oh god  oh no ' comes off as little too codependent on model cinema. jeez

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Like I said yesterday. Something is brewing. But I feel like I know where this is heading. 

Same.. would feel great RT 2 north.. Still can go south as Will said, glancing over things slower seems it would favor south.. some of the bombs on EPS are faster and farther north..  Would be nice to get a regionwide event from Greenwich CT to Maine .. But that's asking a lot I know 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Same.. would feel great RT 2 north.. Still can go south as Will said, glancing over things slower seems it would favor south.. some of the bombs on EPS are faster and farther north..  Would be nice to get a regionwide event from Greenwich CT to Maine .. But that's asking a lot I know 

We’ll need a slow moving pd3 to accomplish that feat. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Like I said yesterday. Something is brewing. But I feel like I know where this is heading. 

Chances will be there for most, I think Kev north has best chances for frozen the next couple of weeks; those of us south will need a good set up to fight off marginal temp profiles we have had all season

13 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yeah agreed.

Faster means we’re getting better phasing with the initial northern stream shortwave which produces those northwest scenarios. We even had a run or two of a pure cutter on the GGEM a couple days ago. 

Slower means less phasing or at least more delayed phasing even if it’s partial and a further south solution.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

Man, people need to chill. This is still 5+ days out. Good cross-model support for a nice storm and the ensembles have some good hits. I mean, yeah I get the “gotta be real” and all that, but look at it from glass half full once in a while, no? Enjoy the ride. 

Good post.  Place is Hard to read sometimes.  Everyone knows where it’s going at 5-6 days out lol. Like Tip said, it’s just Psycho-babble.  

As Will said, yesterday at this time it was Suppression city, and dry and cold. Today it’s congrats CNE/NNE.  Folks are all over the map.  Very few actual objective posts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm just going to sit here and stare at the clouds while imagining a euro and gfs compromise. Hell...throw in a Ukraine-Russia peace agreement along with Israel and Palestine. About all as likely.

Don't do it.  

Alright well in all seriousness, this probably is interior favored. Maybe deep interior. Just looking at the EPS mean...you have a ridge on the west coast (typically not a suppressed look) and not much confluence to our north. Maybe that nrn stream moves in a little quicker to help prevent that low from taking off due north...but my gut says this is definitely at least an interior event.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm just going to sit here and stare at the clouds while imagining a euro and gfs compromise. Hell...throw in an Ukraine-Russia peace agreement along with Israel and Palestine. About all as likely.

Good. morning CW. I tried that but the damn tornado missed me anyway. Stay well and hopeful. As always…..

IMG_7139.png

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Alright well in all seriousness, this probably is interior favored. Maybe deep interior. Just looking at the EPS mean...you have a ridge on the west coast (typically not a suppressed look) and not much confluence to our north. Maybe that nrn stream moves in a little quicker to help prevent that low from taking off due north...but my gut says this is definitely at least an interior event.

I'm good with that, would like to see the ski resorts get crushed.  But if you could pull a few strings and just whiten the ground here in SNE it would be appreciated. 

23 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like up here.  We are on a stretch of above days going back to 1/22.

We just had two +5 days which were the coldest departures in two weeks.  Did 12 straight days of +10 or more and 3 of +20 or more.

All with solid snowpack too.  It’s all overnight mins just getting torched and the departures are wild this winter.  If there’s a way to constantly run ridiculous warm departures, this is it… snowpack, looks like winter and don’t have to pay heating bills because every day is 34/24 instead of 20/3 or whatever.

Yeah no snowpack out there. Most of the precip that has fallen this winter has been rain, and not much SN on the horizon. This sounds like perpetual March and perpetual sugar season up there. But no cold to be had.

19 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

Yeah...and this has sort of gone unnoticed.  I had two snowmobiling trips planned in northern WI this season, and both were cancelled since they haven't been able to open the trails.  The most shocking stat of all is that essentially the entire state of WI has bare ground...on February 6th!  There are no words to describe how ridiculous this is. North of 45N, they typically have 10-25+" on the ground now.  The entire Midwest had a 7-day period of winter this season - that's it.

Nearly all of Minnesota, too. Compared with last year, it's feast or famine out there.

12 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

I’m just trying to fit in and be overly dramatic about everything. My bad…

Just some friendly advice for you...Some forum members will accept you more readily if you have an epic meltdown....and per my policy, no charge for the 1st time advice...

• Haha 2