Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At least it's something - Jan 16th Snow/Sleet/Ice OBS Thread

The 4 Seasons

16 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Can we stop with the why are schools closed? 

What did you want? Everyone to go into school at normal time only to freak out about the snow picking back up with icing imminent, then they call an early dismissal last second, you have to leave work and rush to get them while buses are driving through the hills at 12pm with moderate sleet and freezing rain falling with temps in the 20s? Ya that woulda been a great idea.. 

It's New England not Atlanta.  We have plows and road salt.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

It's New England not Atlanta.  We have plows and road salt.   

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up .. Glad to see the salt helping out with the snow covered highways and accidents on the shoreline.. Check the cams - CT DOT - and Statewide road social accounts for verification.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up .. Glad to see the salt helping out with the snow covered highways and accidents on the shoreline.. Check the cams - CT DOT - and Statewide road social accounts for verification.. 

I have kids, I would much rather have them home safe than risk them going to school because we are New Englanders.....School buses are far from something I would want to drive up and down steep hills that are snow or in today's case sleet and freezing rain covered...

Finally over an inch here, snowing nicely, temp steady at 24.4⁰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Models have this area NW of 84 as the line of mainly all snow vs ice later this afternoon. My guess is we go to zr for an hour or two and then back to snow. 84 always seems to be the battle zone 

Nam nest 3k has 5 hours of sleet and ice for you 

it makes a solid push N and W thru S SNE between 14z (now )  and 17z

14-15z push is mostly thru RI.. and adjacent SE mass and E CT . Including say Ginxy to Cory by 10am