• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: Do we finally win or get Saltburned?

H2O

21 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 18Z GEFS compared to yesterday.  What a cave to the EURO.  They should scrap the GFS and start over....

IMG_2817.png

IMG_2816.png

As I said before,  just because the GFS shows a snowy solution for three days in a row it really means nothing. Euro for the win yet again.  

Persistence does not mean the GFS is going to be correct. This is not the first time the Euro schooled the GFS, and it will not be the last. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

It’s over. Will be lucky to see an inch out of this, and I’m usually one of the more optimistic ones

I hope Feb is going to be epic. We have had a severe - NAO, juiced up STJ, a severe - AO and nothing to show for it except flood issues. 

One issue after another. Cruel hobby for sure. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, caviman2201 said:

Whats your total since Jan 2022? Is it > 0"?

It is,  but not by much.   I moved back here in May.  Got nothing in this location last year.  They did get a couple inches from that Jan 2022 storm that buried DC / central VA.  20 miles NW at my location then I didn't get a flake.  And this location got about 3" slushy inches from that 2-day storm in early Feb that year.  That's the last time it snowed greater than 1/2" in Stephens City.

• Sad 1

I hope Feb is going to be epic. We have had a severe - NAO, juiced up STJ, a severe - AO and nothing to show for it except flood issues. 
One issue after another. Cruel hobby for sure. 

Nao was positive overall in December unless you mean January…looks like it’s trending towards positive again.

13 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

And I'm sure it will make everyone feel better to know that JB still thinks the storm is coming on Tuesday in his evening WB video.

Why not. He does that 20 times a year, is never ever right, but obviously it doesn’t affect his business so why stop? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1