• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Some are easily confused that don't look deeper.

I mean maybe he wastes a tenth of QPF on ip/zr? It’s nbd. He’ll get a few inches and crust it up a bit. It’s mostly crap qpf anyway under the mid level dryslot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Amazing it’s like 0 degrees down to Mexico but it’ll be just warm enough to be a slopfest for ORH points southeast in tomorrows event.

It’s not really “slop” until you are closer to coast and SE MA. It’s quite cold lower down so it’s prob more like pixie dust sleet before the precip ends. But it’s several inches of powder snow before that. Precip is basically done when the furthest NW intrusion of warm air aloft happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I mean maybe he wastes a tenth of QPF on ip/zr? It’s nbd. He’ll get a few inches and crust it up a bit. It’s mostly crap qpf anyway under the mid level dryslot. 

I'll take 3-5 inches with a little crust on top, better than nothing at this point and just hope for a big one to show up in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s not really “slop” until you are closer to coast and SE MA. It’s quite cold lower down so it’s prob more like pixie dust sleet before the precip ends. But it’s several inches of powder snow before that. Precip is basically done when the furthest NW intrusion of warm air aloft happens. 

Yeah, probably a rough way to phrase it. I meant more down here. Im expecting very little befor sleet/sr and mostly plain rain

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, probably a rough way to phrase it. I meant more down here. Im expecting very little befor sleet/sr and mostly plain rain

You'll get a slight thump of sorts that's for sure.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Albany NY 334 PM EST Mon Jan 15 2024 VTZ013>015-161000- /O.NEW.KALY.WW.Y.0005.240116T0600Z-240117T0300Z/ Bennington-Western Windham-Eastern Windham- Including the cities of Stamford, Bennington, Woodford State Park, Pownal, Stratton, Londonderry, Brattleboro, Guilford Center, West Brattleboro, and Bellows Falls

334 PM EST Mon Jan 15 2024 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 PM EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches.

*WHERE...Bennington and Windham Counties in southern Vermont.

* WHEN...From 1 AM to 10 PM EST Tuesday.

*IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact both the morning and evening commute.

*ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow will spread from south to north overnight and continue through the day Tuesday before ending by Tuesday evening. Snowfall rates may reach or slightly exceed a half of an inch per hour at times on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Amazing it’s like 0 degrees down to Mexico but it’ll be just warm enough to be a slopfest for ORH points southeast in tomorrows event.

Always slop and shit sandwiches…and then somehow you do pretty well with the snow. Enjoy the storm, I’m sure you’ll do ok. 

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It always amazes me the reactions the confused emoji gets when the poster is confused , and someone clicks the emoji to let the poster know that the poster was confused by his / her interpretation of data . Lol 

Ironically, this was one of the most confusing posts i've read on here

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1