• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

23 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

So the Euro sucked that much? :yikes:

Sure did. I recommend everyone get away from the models, off this board and out for the rest of the afternoon. It’s 57 here with a nice breeze. Won’t feel this again for about another 2 weeks, maybe longer. Check back in this evening 

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I wouldn’t wrong hands over Euro. It made another NW move.. like itvaiesta does. It’s on an island . We’ll see

It never makes big run to run changes inside Day 4 really but it can incrementally go NW or SE repeatedly for like 6 cycles and next thing you know its moved 100 miles.  Sort of did that to us last storm down here in the 2-3 day range

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It never makes big run to run changes inside Day 4 really but it can incrementally go NW or SE repeatedly for like 6 cycles and next thing you know its moved 100 miles.  Sort of did that to us last storm down here in the 2-3 day range

Do you think there's a decent chance it will do that in this case?

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

The dearth of posts in here today told me all I needed to know without looking further.

It’s actually trended better since 00z but this forum has become an unreadable dumpster fire. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s actually trended better since 00z but this forum has become an unreadable dumpster fire. 

It’s understandable though. Just endured two massive cutters. It was just 60 and sunny this afternoon. Perhaps a snow squall or two tomorrow afternoon will get people back into the spirit. 

Light event still very much on the table for 1/16. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

It’s understandable though. Just endured two massive cutters. It was just 60 and sunny this afternoon. Perhaps a snow squall or two tomorrow afternoon will get people back into the spirit. 

Light event still very much on the table for 1/16. 

If people want to act like children and complain about every threat, they can do it elsewhere. There are still people who log on here to read about the meteorology and actual model discussion of a threat. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If people want to act like children and complain about every threat, they can do it elsewhere. There are still people who log on here to read about the meteorology and actual model discussion of a threat. 

We want them all gone. Every last one of them. Let’s drain the swamp !

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah I mean I did set the ceiling on this to be moderate for a reason. At the time ...we're (unfortunate to higher end proficiency) modeling a fast velocity soaked pattern. 

I asked Will if we should go ahead and switch the title of this thread to include both event - they are sort of indirectly effecting, because the SPV that subsumes in the 20th is in fact part of the suppression of this leading system.  Complex -

I would go ahead and make a new thread IMO. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I would go ahead and make a new thread IMO. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I wouldn’t wring  hands over Euro. It made another NW move.. like itvaiesta does. It’s on an island . We’ll see

Do you really think we're going to see 2-4/3-6 inches of snow Tuesday at this point? 

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Do you really think we're going to see 2-4/3-6 inches of snow Tuesday at this point? 

I was just suggesting a new thread to keep the events separate, especially with how quickly threads grow. 

I don't think a significant hit is likely Tuesday, but I would not rule out some sort of accumulating snow event whether that be 1-2'' or 3-4''. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Agree. Not condoning it. I pull myself back from the edge oftentimes so I don’t taint a thread. And for once, taint is not a worry for the next two threats. 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not worth much as we wait for the GFS but the ICON had more of a developing low at 18z. We’ll see what the GFS does but there are certainly some ticks toward something measurable.

We’ve never ticked away from that. There is zero chance we all aren’t shoveling/ snow blowing Tuesday evening 

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve never ticked away from that. There is zero chance we all aren’t shoveling/ snow blowing Tuesday evening 

I don’t disagree with you, but the models were pretty paltry verbatim. I think we eventually end up with a 1-3/2-4” deal. 

• Thanks 1