• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential extensive winter event, I-95 west and with again a chance for NYC first inch(es) of snow Mon or more likely Tue Jan 16, 2024 (serves as OBS thread as well)

wdrag

Wantage NJ a dissaoointing 2.6" vs my expectations but it is beautiful. Max temp 24.4 which is now, and winds becoming a little gusty now.  Most of the snowfall was small flake snow...max lift below dendrite growth zone.   Densely packed powder. Kuchera didnt work for this storm... primarily because of snow growth.  I may have mentioned it looked lackluster in a post yesterday. No matter...its snow. I'll post CoCoRaHs water equiv qpf and snow totals tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Any totals ?

2" here.  Temperatures low 20's late morning into mid afternoon.  High for the day 25.3 which is current temperatures.  The snow was crusted over by light freezing drizzle at times during early afternoon.  Precipitation did end as a period of snow.  Winds gusting out of the NW now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cyg said:

Roads are an absolute mess in the Union county area. My sister said it's like they didn't even plow some of the roads and saw several accidents. Gonna be great once this all freezes up overnight...

Rule of thumb is they don't plow until we get at least 3 inches.  They plowed in Garwood twice in one week after 1 inch of snow.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jaquanweb said:

it was pretty great until the freezing rain came and coated everything i love snow shoveling but ice chipping is pain 

I slipped and slid down the stairs of the train station.  The ice is terrible everywhere.

• Sad 4