• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential extensive winter event, I-95 west and with again a chance for NYC first inch(es) of snow Mon or more likely Tue Jan 16, 2024 (serves as OBS thread as well)

wdrag

Looks like a couple inches here. Good to see the grass completely covered and a wintry scene for once. There should be some more especially on the north shore. The mix line looks to be just off the beaches. Temps still in the upper 20s so still more nastiness to come. 

Just my opinion: I think in fairness to the ENTIRE community of met interests... I sure hope TWC did not get this snowfall first. This has to go out in a standard product that everyone can access (not FB or phone). I will stand corrected if someone can show me the product. Thanks, Walt

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like a couple inches here. Good to see the grass completely covered and a wintry scene for once. There should be some more especially on the north shore. The mix line looks to be just off the beaches. Temps still in the upper 20s so still more nastiness to come. 

Couldn't get the grass covered here in NJ. Not a huge bust but my son had a conference moved to Zoom today.  I should have worked for the state....anyway looks nice out, gonna take a walk and then decide if it is worth shoveling/ snow blowing or not ( it isn't now ). Dogs don't like the snow; the old guy has arthritis and the new pup is a fair weather dog.

3 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Just my opinion: I think in fairness to the ENTIRE community of met interests... I sure hope TWC did not get this snowfall first. This has to go out in a standard product that everyone can access (not FB or phone). I will stand corrected if someone can show me the product. Thanks, Walt

I have not seen any reports as of 7a.m. but TWC says it is official. We shall see. Apparently they have been adding the hourly updates in Central Park.

12 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I'll be looking for CP snowfall which in the past 6 hours might. be under an inch, but for the day?  hoping 1".  Then when it changes to ice, will they measure at the changeover?  I don't know policy - constraints. 

1 minute ago, lee59 said:

The Weather Channel has been following this record very closely. As of 7am it was official. 

It was a bogus record to begin with. Two consecutive days last February with 0.9 inches and they kept going on about how it hasn't snowed an inch for two years. Definitely a bad stretch but what's the difference 0.9 or 1 inch. The way they measure either day could have easily been more than an inch.