• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

Well for a short bit I felt like I was back east with the heavy snow and big fat flakes..

Hope to score on some fatty's tomorrow/tomorrow evening before the very cold stuff arrives and kills the flake size tomorrow night.. 

Surprised there is not more talk about the lake effect because it's supposed to go till Sunday at least ( per GRR ) with the winds etc we should see cross state bands that should reach the Detroit area.. 

• Like 1

Between 10-11 but impossible to accurately measure at this point.  Drifting is getting impressive. Even some bare spots in my yard.  

snow is winding down.  About .25” an hour now. Could get a few patches of enhanced snow over the next couple hours but overall shouldn’t get more than 2” 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Well for a short bit I felt like I was back east with the heavy snow and big fat flakes..

Hope to score on some fatty's tomorrow/tomorrow evening before the very cold stuff arrives and kills the flake size tomorrow night.. 

Surprised there is not more talk about the lake effect because till Sunday at least ( per GRR ) with the winds etc we should see cross state bands that should reach the Detroit area.. 

that’s what it’s looking like. Hoping to get sniped by some good bands tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Surprised there is not more talk about the lake effect because till Sunday at least ( per GRR ) with the winds etc we should see cross state bands that should reach the Detroit area.. 

Trust me I am thinking about the LES.  I really hope the LES bands set up right.  Could be big considering the cold temps and very mild Lake MI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lightning said:

Trust me I am thinking about the LES.  I really hope the LES bands set up right.  Could be big considering the cold temps and very mild Lake MI.

And deep moisture to boot! Grr even mentioned the potential for a i96/I94 band getting going as the flow to the north is wnw to nw and south of there is wsw wrapping in the cold. 

• Like 1

Still some light snow showers in St. Louis metro. Radar has some 20dbz streaking which transiently gets visibility down but no less than 4-5 miles. Looking like some nearby areas are receiving a very light accumulation. Always nice to get a little surprise burst 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Surprised there is not more talk about the lake effect because it's supposed to go till Sunday at least ( per GRR ) with the winds etc we should see cross state bands that should reach the Detroit area.. 

APX mentioned we are getting EC style system during this Nino with up to 4"/hr rates with help from Huron. I had 2+/hr here and look to be easily at 8" so far. Backside fluff will likely be the lesser 1/3 of the total, same as with the Tue-Wed system.

3 hours ago, Powerball said:

That's what I arrived home in. Had to stop by the super market and noticed everybody was letting their cars just run and wipers on delay so they didn't have to have a frozen windshield to deal with when they came out. I joined the party and left mine running too. First time for that. So glad I did. 

• Thanks 1

Probably a bit early, but calling this a massive bust for Southwest Michigan. I have about 5 inches measured, starting at about 2 PM, and now we’re dry slotted. We’ve been under a warning since 10 AM. Not a meteorologist, but just looking at the radar presentation throughout this event so far, it looks like a splotchy disorganized mess, and it has never gotten his act together. If you want to see how the storm was forecasted, look north of Toronto on radar currently, that’s how it was supposed to be here all day and through the night. I know it’s a bit cliché, but I have to believe the southern convection stole a lot of moisture and led to the splotchy precipitation throughout the event so far.

• Like 2

Probably a bit early, but calling this a massive bust for Southwest Michigan. I have about 5 inches measured, starting at about 2 PM, and now we’re dry slotted. We’ve been under a warning since 10 AM. Not a meteorologist, but just looking at the radar presentation throughout this event so far, it looks like a splotchy disorganized mess, and it has never gotten his act together. If you want to see how the storm was forecasted, look north of Toronto on radar currently, that’s how it was supposed to be here all day and through the night. I know it’s a bit cliché, but I have to believe the southern convection stole a lot of moisture and led to the splotchy precipitation throughout the event so far.

I agree. This will likely be a big bust for Presque Isle County as well. I’m sure they’ll be some bigger drifts as it is very windy. But overall accumulation is going to be far lower than what was forecast. You’re right, it does look like the main batch of organized moisture is already past us. Maybe a few inches of lake effect tomorrow and Sunday. I’d say by the end of the weekend, total accumulation for Rogers City will be around 6-8”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Toro99 said:

Dry air at the onset of the event and now the massive dry slotting didn’t help either. 5” here as well. Local Mets trying to sell the idea that the deformation snow is coming by 1am and will be intense through tomorrow lol, I just don’t see that happening. The main event is over for areas south of I-96.. time to turn our attention to the lake-effect for tomorrow into Sunday. Not expecting much around here, but you should do very well in GR.