• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

models shomdels...its now casting time. 

This will be one of the most fun maps to watch the remainder of the evening 

image.thumb.png.bf032f65bd90f687773f754b7c8f9e4f.png

I have it up and auto refreshing on one of my monitors.  By the Walt emailed me this morning to let me know banding page was back on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I knew I shouldn't have bumped immediate Boston area up at the last moment. I hate weather. 

And as is, NWS map still more bullish than yours for Boston metro.

Except for RGEM and CMC, all reliable guidance yesterday was trending colder and more robust CCB. Remember 18z and 0z NAM soundings last night. Your forecast was solid until 12z today. I debated 4-8 vs  6-10, and went 6-10 with last nights guidance. And I dismiss any AWTs… it was a precarious setup, but there were also favorable large scale synoptics that most here bought. These experiences reinforce not releasing a final forecast until hours before.

Anyway, these are silly postmortem thoughts before we’ve even started.

Should still be the best event my area has seen in years. 

Def a model war now between the short term mesos and others. RAP and HRRR continue to cool and also look better for the CCB tomorrow in eastern SNE while the other guidance sans 18z GFS has been trending warmer and maybe a little late with the CCB. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Def a model war now between the short term mesos and others. RAP and HRRR continue to cool and also look better for the CCB tomorrow in eastern SNE while the other guidance sans 18z GFS has been trending warmer and maybe a little late with the CCB. 

yeah it's pretty wild to see these differences. Kind of inclined to side with the mesos at this point. I haven't gotten to look in heavy detail today but it seems the HRRR is starting to establish some sort of consistency, at least regarding the banding. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A lot at stake. Noticed the same. Euro seems warmest now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

HRRR from 7:00pm - 12:00.  Looks pretty good.

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.png

Way overdone down here. There are some places on LI that have maybe an inch, not anywhere near the 6” shown and the whole island is over to rain or sleet now. Central Park also has 0.2” and that’ll likely be it. 

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Expecting mostly glop here after the trends today. Sucks. Another event down the proverbial and literal drain.

At least we have 2 more rainstorms to look forward to this week.  

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

SE wind killing us on the coast. 

What are you talking about? I'm deemed to be on the coast by many here. Being right on the water is a whole different situation all together.

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

What are you talking about? I'm deemed to be on the coast by many here. Being right on the water is a whole different situation all together.

Wilmington is not where I’m taking about. I guess I should say immediate coast. I’m 200 yards from water.