• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I knew I shouldn't have bumped immediate Boston area up at the last moment. I hate weather. 

We'll see if it mixes as much as you may be thinking, not sure. Depends on rates and how cold it really is off the flight deck for them.

37 minutes ago, Greg said:

There not buying the bias warmer models. Snowing steadily at my house right now.

Sure, but there wasn’t as many of them when they hoisted warnings. Big changes on the 12z runs for coastal dwellers. I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see coastal areas (within 5 miles) getting to 6”. Maybe they’ll drop them for just that, coastal sections

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Expecting mostly glop here after the trends today. Sucks. Another event down the proverbial and literal drain.

Eh, it sucks but that’s climo. The pattern and storm track favors NW areas, not SE Mass.

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Expecting mostly glop here after the trends today. Sucks. Another event down the proverbial and literal drain.

Definitely a bummer after keeping an eye on this for a week. Here I thought it'd be easier to get snow being back up here after living in NC lol. Forgot how fickle it is down this way. Someday my son will get to see a decent snowfall.

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Knew it was skunked for me..but sucks it kept trending worse the last couple cycles. still hoping to get an inch at the end though, yippee?

Going with 2-3 in Chelsea. Logan reports 1.5. Gradient is going to be crazy at the coast. Could easily see a place like Melrose or Saugus get 6-10. 

As others have said, it will come down to the CCB and how strong/long it lasts. If it really gets going tomorrow then the coastal numbers will go way up, even Logan

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Massplow said:

Anybody have any thoughts on norton overnight tonight. Have to make a call on plow/shovel crews and really trying to avoid having everybody in place and its just mix/rain all night that doesn’t accumulate.

I think a few inches there is possible.