• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

light snow develops before the main show gets here... easterly flow causing it?  you can see it in eastern areas on some of the GEFS members

download (9).png

Yes! All the easterly wind does is help to saturate the atmosphere here. It really doesn't do much damage to the temps. This is important. You want that.

Welp-I’d better get the garage cleared so o can get one of the cars in.  Gotta get a zpack for my persistent upper respiratory possibly infection.  Hopefully I can have some glee while snow blowing Sunday night.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

light snow develops before the main show gets here... easterly flow causing it?  you can see it in eastern areas on some of the GEFS members

download (9).png

Yep. I was talking about that yesterday too. Some signs especially from about BOS to FIT on north of initial light snow over the cold air from ESE winds aloft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Welp-I’d better get the garage cleared so o can get one of the cars in.  Gotta get a zpack for my persistent upper respiratory possibly infection.  Hopefully I can have some glee while snow blowing Sunday night.

I have to do the same exact thing later this week. Take care of yourself too. My dad just got out of the hospital today after a battle with covid…finally out of the hospital in 2024.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I got wacked by that a week after thanks giving.   Is it a scratchy maddening tickling prickle sensation that sends you into a gag reflex followed be convulsive non-productive vascular headache inducing coughing ?

It fades away ... very slowly, after that first 4 or so days of misery with nose and burning eyes to go along with that.  Some 4 weeks later I still have distancing tendencies to that irritation. 

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I got wacked by that a week after thanks giving.   Is it a scratchy maddening tickling prickle sensation that sends you into a gag reflex followed be convulsive non-productive vascular headache inducing coughing ?

It fades away ... very slowly, after that first 4 or so days of misery with nose and burning eyes to go along with that.  Some 4 weeks later I still have distancing tendencies to that irritation. 

COVID was easier for me tbh.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BUFKIT is interesting. PYM sort of struggles a bit and then blows up late Sunday morning and aftn. 

It's like how the CCB comes in like a fist into coastal towns for 3 hours as this thing's trying to exit on that run.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thing gets better on the next cycle(s).  As the GFS capitulates to the Euro ideas...eventually it'll it'll bomb a run - not guaranteeing of course... Just that it's been tripping over it's own limitations and now teeters with freedom

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've had it since last Thursday. Yesterday seemed to be the worst. Still annoying, it'd moved from my sinuses to the lungs. Is this the RSV people are talking about? Worse than the two episodes with Covid for me.