• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Good to see that spread tighten up quite a bit and drop a lot of those sheered out whiffs from last night. The Mean and the 50 percentile match up very close now. 

Seeing those lows tightly clustered so close to the coast, couldn't that bring mixing issues into CT, RI and MA?

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Seeing those lows tightly clustered so close to the coast, couldn't that bring mixing issues into CT, RI and MA?

Absolutely. Atm im more worried ab. what the gefs is showing than mixing for us. We'll see where were at tomorrow at this time- ha. But we still got nearly 84hrs to figure things out and tons more runs to go. Just like seeing the consistency and potential for a higher ceiling even if that means playing with fire (i.e. mixing)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Am I missing something? Unless you are like within 5 miles of the water, thermals look fine?

Pretty stout erly flow. I do think you are in a better spot, but could be a lot of 33F snow which isn't the most efficient accumulator. But, if we can pound with -3C at 925..maybe wetbulb to 32 or so. Beware the 10:1 maps here that's all.  Once the Cf comes through Sunday morning, it's fluff again. But go to Foxboro at 200' and they'll have no issue as of now. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty stout erly flow. I do think you are in a better spot, but could be a lot of 33F snow which isn't the most efficient accumulator. But, if we can pound with -3C at 925..maybe wetbulb to 32 or so. Beware the 10:1 maps here that's all.  Once the Cf comes through Sunday morning, it's fluff again. But go to Foxboro at 200' and they'll have no issue as of now. 

Thanks. I feel okay at my location, usually far enough away to not suffer big impacts.

a place like Sharon to Foxboro to Easton could be a sweet spot. A litttle bit of elevation 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thanks. I feel okay at my location, usually far enough away to not suffer big impacts.

a place like Sharon to Foxboro to Easton could be a sweet spot. A litttle bit of elevation 

These are the things I ponder in my mind lol. The plus factors are a cold 925-850. Good lift at times into DGZ.  Negative are SSTs around 43ish. 

It makes it hard because the beaches could struggle for an inch, 3 miles away is plastered, and 8 miles away is 9" of paste. I've seen it many times. If one variable is off, it changes drastically. Logan is a bitch to call.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:05 AM, OceanStWx said:

Don't really have the players on the field for another 36-48 hours. But I would start to feel more confident around that time.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So um is this sampled now 

Yesterday some folks / Mets thought it would bounce around till 0z yesterday when it was fully sampled