Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I agree so far I would grade this winter a D.  But things can turn around fast in a Nino.  2015 was an F at this point.  

do you have any research on why it does not seem to snow much between Feb 20-30. I dont recall too many snowstorms in this time frame except for Feb 2015. Things seem to pick up again though early March.

We are going to need a hECS this year to save winter. We have no other option

26 minutes ago, Ji said:

do you have any research on why it does not seem to snow much between Feb 20-30. I dont recall too many snowstorms in this time frame except for Feb 2015. Things seem to pick up again though early March.

I don't think we have EVER gotten snow on February 30. I could be wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Ji I don't work at Carver anymore though.  After 17 years, and several years of them trying to recruit me,  I finally accepted an admin position running afterschool, weekend, and summer programming for the district.  My office is in the city schools district building on North Ave.  

So your plan is to live out "grumpy old men" up there huh?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ji said:

I think it's just random.  We got a pretty good stretch of snow during that week in 2005.  

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@Ji I don't work at Carver anymore though.  After 17 years, and several years of them trying to recruit me,  I finally accepted an admin position running afterschool, weekend, and summer programming for the district.  My office is in the city schools district building on North Ave.  

So your plan is to live out "grumpy old men" up there huh?  

what?

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mark Andrews was a full participant today. I never imagined he could play in the divisional round, but maybe?

I'm guessing no, but will be full go for AFC championship (fingers crossed the Ravens are hosting it).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks like Deep creek/Canaan are the places to be this weekend. Wisp will probably be 100% open after this next storm and could top 60” on the year so far. Mountains have had a great January for the ski resorts. 

Going to wisp next weekend. Hoping to avoid the rain.

25 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Now listen, I don’t want any questions as to how we resurrected Fridays snow come later tonight when the models start trending back in our favor..

If this works maybe I can get out of the dog house for a few days. Until the next time I post historical data that’s depressing.  

• Haha 1

OK. After making a rookie mistake passing out outside and having 4 inches of snow covering me in the morning, (and being freezing could)  I have made an investment.  I bought a sleeping bag!  Check it out:  

Details

• Made for the world's most extreme mountaineering expeditions
  • Rated down to -40F for the coldest, highest mountains 
  • 4lb 10oz weight is light for sub-zero temperature class
  • 850+ fill power goose down offers elite loft and packability
  • GORE Infinium adds premium windproof, water-resistant protection
  • V-Block Side Baffles and horizontal baffles keep down in place
  • Double Interlocking Draft Tubes, down collar ruff seal in heat
  • Made is the USA with careful attention to quality and detail.
  •  
  • I love Jeb Walks, but I'm older know and have lost some mobility.  The "new" jebwalk is drinking heavily outside next to the fire pit and sleeping in the snow!  Nothing like it!

Also, quick question, how much snow for Georgetown?

6 hours ago, Ji said:

Usually we get zero snow on 2/30. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Now that’s what I call a screwjob. Everyone gets more than an inch and I get less. 

Life ain’t fair. 

I liked the h5 better though. Hope it’s the start of a surprise last minute trend.

And I have covid. That’s all.

Hope it's mild for you! I am on the downside of having it, I think. Today is the best I have felt since Sunday. Hang in there!

• Like 1

Those poor souls putzing around and feeling sorry for themselves in the long range thread meanwhile we overperform on Monday and it appears are going to again Friday....last i checked both are in the same week. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Those poor souls putzing around and feeling sorry for themselves in the long range thread meanwhile we overperform on Monday and it appears are going to again Friday....last i checked both are in the same week. 

Not to mention a solid snow pack and three days of sub freezing temps as I sit here looking out the windows sipping an old fashioned waiting for more snow.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

It’s the Monty hall problem. You always want to switch doors

Replying here in banter...I would've thought, based on your (presumed/assumed) age, that you would have NO idea who Monty Hall, let alone what "Let's Make a Deal" is...but kudos to you, good sir. I have an even greater respect for your cultural references now.  ;) 

• Thanks 1

Not sure how true it is but in the last week. I heard a former meteorologist say that the euro I has actually gotten worse with forecasting because they took some of the power away from the main model run and gave it to the essembls. Ever since then it hasn't been as accurate they did this in 2016. Not sure if that's true

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic