Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Guys

Whats wrong with this?  It is right up there with the opening of Saving Private Ryan.  Or the surprise ending of The Sixth Sense.  Or Darth Vader telling Luke who he was.  Just look at the time spent on the graphics.  Epic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Yes

Ah now I'm reading he went from the gastly gimmick to looking more normal, to looking gastly again...I'm guessing the gif was when he was in between!

Now see, as a kid, before I knew what an actual Paul nearer was, this was my only association; so now every funeral I'm at when I see the title Paul bearers I start snickering inside imagining that voice! Dang it WWE, lol

42 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

<shudders>.  Yes.   The only good thing in that movie was the junkyard fight.   I remember going to the drive in (yes, again, I'm old af) with my dad.  And even as a 9 year old, I knew something was just off.  It was like nobody's heart was in it anymore.  And the stupid director, Richard Lester, who used to direct slapstick comedy fucked it up.   The beginning title sequence was just pure shit and as I grew up, it got worse and worse.  It was traumatic for me.  

Apparently the latter Superman movies are bad as the latter 1990s Batman movies...as soon as Tim Burton relinquished directorial reins after the first two Batman movies, it was a very fast and ugly ride downhill thereafter.  :( 

30 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Guys

Yep, I've only ever seen the first two 80s Superman movies...and this clip cements my resolve never to see the 3rd/4th movies. This is beyond cringe.

12 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Apparently the latter Superman movies are bad as the latter 1990s Batman movies...as soon as Tim Burton relinquished directorial reins after the first two Batman movies, it was a very fast and ugly ride downhill thereafter.  :( 

Yep, I've only ever seen the first two 80s Superman movies...and this clip cements my resolve never to see the 3rd/4th movies. This is beyond cringe.

You are doing the right thing. 

• Like 1

Listen, as a former GU employee (and really long time lurker on this board), I actually think I know what happened over there. The Eye of Sauron they installed at Lauinger Library creates its own microclimate, you see, and it’s a well-documented issue.

(not my image but you’d be surprised how often I use this)

IMG_0295.jpeg

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, H2O said:

Whats wrong with this?  It is right up there with the opening of Saving Private Ryan.  Or the surprise ending of The Sixth Sense.  Or Darth Vader telling Luke who he was.  Just look at the time spent on the graphics.  Epic!

...Or finding out that Rosebud was Charles Kane's sled!!!  Oh, sorry to ruin that for you!! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Yeah this is becoming the meme of the winter on this subforum, up there with amped/Randytastic, Carbondale/Short Pump, and my personal favorite, Jebman telling off some dude from SNE (I think that was 2015).

I am trying so hard to find that. I think I posted that rant right in the New England sub lmao!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Yeah this is becoming the meme of the winter on this subforum, up there with amped/Randytastic, Carbondale/Short Pump, and my personal favorite, Jebman telling off some dude from SNE (I think that was 2015).

Forgot about Short Pump. Probably cuz my area has been Short Pump-ed so many times in recent years, that we've gradually become the new Short Pump...  :D 

• Haha 1

Not much is gonna change less than 2 days before an event lol.  Maybe we go from 1-2" to be squarely within 2-4".  The last system trended well, but overall the models were pretty locked in on the stripe of snow being near dc to bmore...we just hit the top end of it, so hopefully we can do that again.

My daughter-in-law is from the Upper Lower Peninsula, about 10 minutes from the Mackinac bridge. Tourists in the summer for lakes, boating, etc. Pretty dead in the winter but we did once have lake effect snows in early January from the airport to our hotel.  Over the holidays this year, , my son said all the snow melted but now, they are snow covered and zero at night.

3 minutes ago, Harv_poor said:

My daughter-in-law is from the Upper Lower Peninsula, about 10 minutes from the Mackinac bridge. Tourists in the summer for lakes, boating, etc. Pretty dead in the winter but we did once have lake effect snows in early January from the airport to our hotel.  Over the holidays this year, , my son said all the snow melted but now, they are snow covered and zero at night.

Genuinely one of my favorite places in the world - up that way. Summer of 2021 and 2022 did my vacation on Beaver Island (accessible by ferry or small plane) in Lake Michigan off coast from Charlevoix. Spent many years as a kid vacationing in the upper peninsula and also on an island near Mackinac called Bois Blanc (where my grandfather had a hunting cabin). Northern Michigan is my hit-the-lottery-and-buy-land-with-a-cabin dream...

• Like 1

how would you grade the winter so far

Dec 1-15: B. We had one snow event...we had some cold and anything in this window apparently is a bonus

Dec 15-30 F delayed pattern change....warm Christmas.....annoying rain

Jan 1-15  B 3 threats to track---each one failed from their full potential but at least we got something

Overall Grade

D

This is a disappointing start and FEb is around the corner and still no HECS on the table

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

how would you grade the winter so far

Dec 1-15: B. We had one snow event...we had some cold and anything in this window apparently is a bonus

Dec 15-30 F delayed pattern change....warm Christmas.....annoying rain

Jan 1-15  B 3 threats to track---each one failed from their full potential but at least we got something

Overall Grade

D

This is a disappointing start and FEb is around the corner and still no HECS on the table

I agree so far I would grade this winter a D.  But things can turn around fast in a Nino.  2015 was an F at this point.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic