• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

These last several winters we have been living a real life choose your own adventure book where no matter what option is chosen when you flip to page corresponding to your choice it is rain. Or cold/dry. I don’t even think the snow outcomes exist in the current choose your own adventure book we are reading.

I've discovered a general rule concerning the medium range thread.  Perhaps this is obvious, but still.  It's all in whom I see posted last when I check, like who's avatar icon I see as the last poster in a thread...

If it's @Ji or @osfan24 or even @Heisy, especially if there are multiple posts in a row, then I know things have probably gone to hell in a handbasket and it's perhaps not worth looking much at that time.

If it's @psuhoffman, I know I'll need to set aside some reading time (a few hours!), but it's usually difficult to say initially whether there's bad or good news until reading!  But I still appreciate his analysis and input.

If it's @brooklynwx99, @MillvilleWx@CAPE, @WxUSAF, or @Bob Chill, I can count on some good analysis as well, and likely fairly positive!

If it's @clskinsfan, I know we'll see the term "beatdown" at least once, so it's worth a look at what's going on even if it's for the more western crew!

If it's @stormtracker, I expect Jaws music!

If it's @H2O, I expect some good, funny memes dammit!

If it's @Weather Will, I'll need to clear my internet cache to allow for more images.

If it's @WxWatcher007, we'll see shots of the Reaper enjoying retirement, likely involving his skeleton crew sipping a few tropical drinks on the beach!!

If it's @Maestrobjwa, I expect something about Beethoven!

If it's @yoda, I expect several CVS receipt length copy/pastes of the latest warnings!

If it's at @ravensrule, well, nothing need be said!  I'll look for the comments that inspired the innuendo!!! :lol:

And finally, if it's @Scarlet Pimpernel, I just ignore what the hell he has to say!!! :lol:

I'm sure others can add to this checklist!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

55 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

The long range thread is just a bunch of bi polar guys talking past each other. Who wants to be nurse Ratched and perform the lobotomy?

Nurse  ratchett actually lived in Leesburg for a while. Late 90s. The actress.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

What happened quicker?  Winter ending or the Eagles becoming the worst team in the NFL? 

An unmitigated disaster. When they were 10-1 there were lots of signs and chinks in the armor. It doesn't seem there is an easy fix either. Major offseason changes most likely.

7 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

@brooklynwx99 please ignore grumpy rude Ralph. We really appreciate your contributions here. 

I appreciate his contributions too. Maybe I slung the JB thing in there too hastily? He is just an eternal optimist, and that's fine. I was just pointing out the obvious. And if I ruffled feathers, I am sorry . Wrong  post wrong place wrong time. After 2 years of ppl posting epic patterns on the ens means I finally lost my patience. I really didn't mean disrespect towards the man personally. I truly mean that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I appreciate his contributions too. Maybe I slung the JB thing in there too hastily? He is just an eternal optimist, and that's fine. I was just pointing out the obvious. And if I ruffled feathers, I am sorry . Wrong  post wrong place wrong time. After 2 years of ppl posting epic patterns on the ens means I finally lost my patience. I really didn't mean disrespect towards the man personally. I truly mean that.

Ralph you need to go make Brooklyn a sandwich to make up for it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I cannot speak for @brooklynwx99, but I'm sure the apology is welcome.  I for one appreciate you admitting that.  Gotta say, I think most of the scolding was due to the JB comparison!!!  LOL!!!  Nobody wants to be told they sound like him!! :lol:  I also appreciate the optimism, but JB tends to just overhype everything and anything...the red-taggers in here don't do that, even as they're trying to find something good when things suck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I cannot speak for @brooklynwx99, but I'm sure the apology is welcome.  I for one appreciate you admitting that.  Gotta say, I think most of the scolding was due to the JB comparison!!!  LOL!!!  Nobody wants to be told they sound like him!! :lol:  I also appreciate the optimism, but JB tends to just overhype everything and anything...the red-taggers in here don't do that, even as they're trying to find something good when things suck.

We need one of these epic looks to finally produce....period. @brooklynwx99has been posting those good looks. He isn't wrong. They look optimistically promising. We just need one to produce. Maybe this is the year,  maybe not. Again, i am sorry for the comparison. I did think JB was a well respected met tho, but i am obviously wrong. Hopefully we can put it past us. If not, I do understand. I was out of line.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Jaleen Hurts had won 25/26 for a while there.. It was making me a little mad because I didn't think they did anything special, although you see how having a scrambling QB really ups the odds.  

Hurts is the -PNA of the Eagles offense. 

• Haha 6

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

We need one of these epic looks to finally produce....period. @brooklynwx99has been posting those good looks. He isn't wrong. They look optimistically promising. We just need one to produce. Maybe this is the year,  maybe not. Again, i am sorry for the comparison. I did think JB was a well respected met tho, but i am obviously wrong. Hopefully we can put it past us. If not, I do understand. I was out of line.

Hey no problem, like I said it's good of you to issue the apology.  I have mixed feelings about JB, I think he was well respected some time ago and that was deserved, but he devolves into anti-global warming BS and hyping every single damned thing, so that kills his credibility (to me, at least).  Or he'll try to claim he was right by changing the statistical goalposts, so to speak (like with stuff such as "March was the coldest month of the winter RELATIVE TO AVERAGES and I called it!!"  Sure, "relative to averages"...I can also say that July could be colder than January using that!).  Anyhow, I do agree with you on the frustration, it's very palpable, and I feel that way myself.  All I can do is just keep hoping that we'll land a couple of solid events, and perhaps a big dog (though I'm not "big dog hunting" unless one actually shows up!).  Sometimes though, the doom-and-gloom posting can get annoying in there, as I'm sure you'll agree!  One measure, so to speak, of how bad it's been...I like to take photos of every snow event we get, at least the decent to epic ones (advisory level to HECS).  The last set of snow-related photos I took was from March 2022, when we got a neat little advisory event around mid-month along with a nice cold blast.  Last year had NOTHING...and I think that's the only winter in which I literally took zero snow photos (because there was none?  LOL!!!...well, I got 0.5" on Feb. 1 last winter, that fell in the pre-dawn hours and was gone by 10AM).

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I hear you. We all lose it at one point. It just came off as very rude. 

9 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've discovered a general rule concerning the medium range thread.  Perhaps this is obvious, but still.  It's all in whom I see posted last when I check, like who's avatar icon I see as the last poster in a thread...

If it's @Ji or @osfan24 or even @Heisy, especially if there are multiple posts in a row, then I know things have probably gone to hell in a handbasket and it's perhaps not worth looking much at that time.

If it's @psuhoffman, I know I'll need to set aside some reading time (a few hours!), but it's usually difficult to say initially whether there's bad or good news until reading!  But I still appreciate his analysis and input.

If it's @brooklynwx99, @MillvilleWx@CAPE, @WxUSAF, or @Bob Chill, I can count on some good analysis as well, and likely fairly positive!

If it's @clskinsfan, I know we'll see the term "beatdown" at least once, so it's worth a look at what's going on even if it's for the more western crew!

If it's @stormtracker, I expect Jaws music!

If it's @H2O, I expect some good, funny memes dammit!

If it's @Weather Will, I'll need to clear my internet cache to allow for more images.

If it's @WxWatcher007, we'll see shots of the Reaper enjoying retirement, likely involving his skeleton crew sipping a few tropical drinks on the beach!!

If it's @Maestrobjwa, I expect something about Beethoven!

If it's @yoda, I expect several CVS receipt length copy/pastes of the latest warnings!

If it's at @ravensrule, well, nothing need be said!  I'll look for the comments that inspired the innuendo!!! :lol:

And finally, if it's @Scarlet Pimpernel, I just ignore what the hell he has to say!!! :lol:

I'm sure others can add to this checklist!!

KwoAFyH.jpg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

KwoAFyH.jpg

If it is me, you can expect a confident commentary on how demolished by a rotating captured comma head laden with four inch an hour torrential snows the entire Washington Metropolitan Region is gonna get, for about five days. And, how badly you, Reaper, are gonna be plumb outta bisnass, and out on your 8ss!

11 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'd rather have a bottle in front'o'me than a frontal lobotomy!  (Can't remember where I heard that from, but always thought it was funny!)

Tom Waits.

On another note, the Gulf is evidently going to be blasted by this storm. Maybe the worst non-tropical event in a long time. This AFD from the Mobile office is energetic reading:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=MOB&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Tom Waits.

On another note, the Gulf is evidently going to be blasted by this storm. Maybe the worst non-tropical event in a long time. This AFD from the Mobile office is energetic reading:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=MOB&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Mobile office writeup personnel were likely pretty groggy from watching models. Other than that, I am most assuredly JEALOUS AS ALL HELL!!!!!!!

Of course,  Buda will get MISSED by the developing yellow returns.

We always get missed.

We are VERY good at consistency. 

That, is exactly  how we will end up just like the Mayans. Texans will have their very own Trail of Tears as we try to find a rainier home, once the water runs out.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Mobile office writeup personnel were likely pretty groggy from watching models. Other than that, I am most assuredly JEALOUS AS ALL HELL!!!!!!!

Yeah the severe threat down there seems mostly mitigated to a certain degree by modest thermodynamics. But if that insanely powerful LLJ can push the warm front north far enough, it could be a real nasty outbreak in the New Orleans to Tallahassee area. And then the next day, the coastal Carolinas are under the gun, as well as Florida. This on top of the Gulf of Mexico acting like the North Atlantic during the The Perfect Storm. 

I mean, hell, we're just getting another wind and rainstorm around here, so might as well live vicariously in other regions. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic