• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

9 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It would be a bust for the rest of the area. I am expecting stronger winds than that and I am well inland.

I think what he is saying is his expectations for his own PWS. Being in a residential area you don’t get the same observations as you do at the airport or other official locations where the stations are unobstructed.

23 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

Wow I didn’t realize the Islip buoy broke free. I can’t remember the last time that happened. Sucks we won’t have wave measurements from the location for this storm (and Friday as well)

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44025

The buoy from station 44025 has gone adrift as of 1300z, 12/18/23. To view the latest position from the buoy, click here.

Precisely the reason I never bought a beach house. Oh, that and I don’t have a pot to piss in. Suspect that there’ll be a few new oceanfront, or in the ocean, homes after tonight. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic