• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

2 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

Left Southern Morris County. Currently at Crystal Springs Resort. Expecting 12" on the mountain. Room is at ~1300 elevation, mid mountain. Flurries and 27 degrees. Plus my 12" ruler

12"?  I dont have a forecast that high for SC.  May occur but worried about sleet freezing rain mid-7A, then back to snow. I hope we can get you 10". We'll know. by 10 or 11 tonight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wdrag said:

12"?  I dont have a forecast that high for SC.  May occur but worried about sleet freezing rain mid-7A, then back to snow. I hope we can get you 10". We'll know. by 10 or 11 tonight.

Any account for elevation being 1300? Sussex should get about 10. I figure another 2 on the mountain

The advantages of a mid, yet not awful high position and air mass now yielding some benefits in the area....good enough to probably generate more overrunning snow than models expected and earlier to reach the ground since the surface-10,000 ft layer is not bone dry but still lousy enough you won't see it matter much on accumulations near the city 

1/6-7/2024 Storm:

The first snowflakes have reached the general Newark and Clifton areas. Some flurries should be spreading north and eastward across the Hudson River in the next hour or so. Belmar, NJ is reporting light rain.

Wilmington, DE has switched to light rain. The colder ECMWF appears not to be verifying there, as little or no accumulation has occurred prior to the precipitation transition.

Allentown is receiving light snow, but the observation shows "sky obscured."

image.png.291547942cbb44a71688e2b5c82b68ee.png

1/9-10/2024 Storm:

The model guidance remains very impressive with a general 2"-3" of precipitation with locally higher amounts, mild temperatures, and strong winds. River and coastal flooding, along with significant beach erosion, are likely from what should be a high-impact storm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic