joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Total Solar Eclipse, April 8, 2024

wxsniss

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

how do you know it wasn't 100%?

There is still a little imprecision with these calculations

I used the NASA tool but I didn't take a chance and drove to where totality was assured.  

A friend of mine up in Sherbrooke Quebec is not really into weather and such.  I have been harping about this eclipse forever.  Honestly he was not really into it.  This morning I said just wait and then give me your honest opinion.  His text just now was "No words.  Honestly the coolest 3 minutes of my life".  I'm glad it worked out.  

The next total solar eclipse for New England is 2079 but it is an early morning crappy  eclipse.  After that well into the next century for us

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Interesting…where would you see it? 

Not sure. I have a couple decades to figure it out. :lol:

I’ll have to check out % poss sunshine climo for August. C FL would be nice, but I wouldn’t want to chance seabreeze convection. 

• Like 1

Pretty amazing even down here. The light is so weird at the max.... just feels wrong even though everything looks normal.

I regret not having the idea to start a timelapse of the northern sky until now.  It was pretty amazing how much darker it looked off to the north and how fast it moved along the horizon. 

• Like 2

The Aug 22, 2044 (Aug 23 in UT) eclipse would be visible from Alberta and parts of BC, Yukon and Alaska towards sunset, and only lasts a minute or two. Evening cloud cover in late August is quite a high probability in the Rockies and I would think best chances could be further northwest (or near Lethbridge AB).

The Aug 12, 2045 eclipse crosses the US in a path similar to the 2017 event, a bit further south, northern Utah to south FL are in the path and it lasts a full six minutes. Skies are often clear in Utah in August especially in range of 0930-1130h local when this eclipse will happen there. 

From a distance, I would take my chances on the 2045 event although the 2044 event is very close to my location anyway. We will probably have teleportation by then anyway, right? 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not sure. I have a couple decades to figure it out. :lol:

I’ll have to check out % poss sunshine climo for August. C FL would be nice, but I wouldn’t want to chance seabreeze convection. 

I hope we're alive for it.

I have a lot of family in Orlando, I could visit them.

Orlando has totality for over 6 minutes!

18 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

The Aug 22, 2044 (Aug 23 in UT) eclipse would be visible from Alberta and parts of BC, Yukon and Alaska towards sunset, and only lasts a minute or two. Evening cloud cover in late August is quite a high probability in the Rockies and I would think best chances could be further northwest (or near Lethbridge AB).

The Aug 12, 2045 eclipse crosses the US in a path similar to the 2017 event, a bit further south, northern Utah to south FL are in the path and it lasts a full six minutes. Skies are often clear in Utah in August especially in range of 0930-1130h local when this eclipse will happen there. 

From a distance, I would take my chances on the 2045 event although the 2044 event is very close to my location anyway. We will probably have teleportation by then anyway, right? 

Orlando is the place to be for the 2045 eclipse