Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was walking the dog a few days back and a big “v” of geese flew over low. Freaked the dog out.  At least they were going south. 

F.uckers can be nasty. People who rent places here learn real quick not to feed them.  They come right out of the water and chase people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

GFS and Canadian both colder on next weekends system .. That has potential to trend colder as well as we get that quick PNA ridge between the 29th and 31st

That period is interesting. Next week is probably toast for you and I. 

30 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Really, with ust a couple of constant days below freezing?

“To determine freezing degree days and how fast your favourite lake will build up ice, start by taking the average temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit) over the past 24 hours.  So, let’s say that the daytime high yesterday was 30 F and the night time low was 20 F.  This means the average temperature was 25 F.  Now, subtract the average temperature (25 F) from the freezing point of water (32 F) and we get 7 freezing degree days.

If the day time high was 20 F, on the other hand, and the night time low was 0 F, the average temperature would have been 10 F, giving us 22 freezing degree days (32 F – 10 F = 22 FDDs).

See how simple it is?

Now, based on the studies that have been done, once a thin sheet of ice has formed on a lake, it will typically increase at the rate of one inch / 15 freezing degree days (FDDS).

So, if we go back to our examples, this means that on the relatively warm day, when there were 7 FDDs, the lake made about one half-an-inch of ice over the 24-hour period.  But, on the much colder day, when we experienced 22 FDDs, the lake made about 1.5-inches.”

https://myfishingpartner.com/how-fast-does-your-lake-make-ice/

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That period is interesting. Next week is probably toast for you and I. 

Ya I'm over next week ( you have a better shot than I do for a sloppy few inches) , my interest is in next weekend into the 30th-31st could be 2 threats in there .. PNA spike plus some Arctic highs moving into favorable spots for us .. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Id take a foot of snow right now all day, Idc if areas around me get 2-3FT, a foot is still a foot. 

0.7" total from today, pretty much exactly what I expected. If anyone has any CT totals send em my way, ty

I had about 0.6" yesterday. Nice feel at least with light snow falling much of the day.

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

“To determine freezing degree days and how fast your favourite lake will build up ice, start by taking the average temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit) over the past 24 hours.  So, let’s say that the daytime high yesterday was 30 F and the night time low was 20 F.  This means the average temperature was 25 F.  Now, subtract the average temperature (25 F) from the freezing point of water (32 F) and we get 7 freezing degree days.

If the day time high was 20 F, on the other hand, and the night time low was 0 F, the average temperature would have been 10 F, giving us 22 freezing degree days (32 F – 10 F = 22 FDDs).

See how simple it is?

Now, based on the studies that have been done, once a thin sheet of ice has formed on a lake, it will typically increase at the rate of one inch / 15 freezing degree days (FDDS).

So, if we go back to our examples, this means that on the relatively warm day, when there were 7 FDDs, the lake made about one half-an-inch of ice over the 24-hour period.  But, on the much colder day, when we experienced 22 FDDs, the lake made about 1.5-inches.”

https://myfishingpartner.com/how-fast-does-your-lake-make-ice/

I have used similar guidance to determine thickness...But I would not go on to ice that was less than 5 or so inches.  I can't imagine the ice being more than a few inches in the Taunton area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

:weenie::weenie: 

This has been rain for SNE for days; if you take off the weenie glasses.

Focus on another period. This is just punishment and embarrassing already.

IMG_0611.gif

IMG_0610.gif

Um I said this no need to be an asshole about it. Espita santus una Padre santus all you weenies get offa my lawn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

:weenie::weenie: 

This has been rain for SNE for days; if you take off the weenie glasses.

Focus on another period. This is just punishment and embarrassing already.

IMG_0611.gif

IMG_0610.gif

So.. not that you are wrong... But has anyone ever told you that you can be a big Wiener yourself!! Your approach and cander on anything discussed is sub par at best. Maybe if you discussed things in a different way people would have more respect for you. 

Remember just a few weeks ago when you said the storm that did give us a real good amount of snow in southern New England would absolutely pass to the south of us and be mid Atlantic storm ( We all know what happened with that one ).

It's okay if we're wrong, but whenever you come back with a response to someone, you basically make people sound like they're stupid. Maybe you should consider having a more open response to the possibilities as opposed to it being one thing only. We all know that weather is not black and white. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

50 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Really, with ust a couple of constant days below freezing?

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Same here. There’s a party on the ice at the end of my street.

Been steady cold for awhile. Bigger ponds still probably aren’t safe.

Think it’s been plenty cold for the small and medium size ponds around here. Haven’t driven by anything super big today so can’t speak to that 

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So.. not that you are wrong... But has anyone ever told you that you can be a big Wiener yourself!! Your approach and cander on anything discussed is sub par at best. Maybe if you discussed things in a different way people would have more respect for you. 

Remember just a few weeks ago when you said the storm that did give us a real good amount of snow in southern New England would absolutely pass to the south of us and be mid Atlantic storm ( We all know what happened with that one ).

It's okay if we're wrong, but whenever you come back with a response to someone, you basically make people sound like they're stupid. Maybe you should consider having a more open response to the possibilities as opposed to it being one thing only. We all know that weather is not black and white. 

He is a fucking dick just say it. Not a met either. Just an asshole

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

GGEM was pretty cold next week. In addition to the snow on Tuesday night’s event, had some sleet and ice over interior SNE on the 2nd event which was warmer on yesterday’s guidance. 

Then it goes like the GFS (or even a little colder) for the 3rd event around 1/28…mostly snow for that one. 

• Like 3