• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

Total rainfall here 0.71”, although more is to come it seems. Peak gust was 57.8 mph here in Lindenhurst(used a calculator I found online that took into account height of the anemometer and roughness of the landscape around it and adjusted to estimated speed at 10m). This storm was no March 2010 or Isiais but still fairly significant wind wise, similar in intensity to the pre-Christmas storm from last year I’d say.

• Like 1

Pine tree laying against power lines in Muttontown, just E of Heritage Nursery.  New traffic light was twisted on pole at Sugar Tom Lane & 25a.  Some vacant store signs knocked down as well along 25A heading into Great Neck from Syosset.  That's all I saw on my drive into the office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I know it was a lot of rain, but this was kind of a meh event to me. I'm always excited by t-storms in the summer, but a big rainstorm in December doesn't do much for me. Hopefully we'll see a nice winter storm in January. 

We keep getting these events where we get a month's worth of rain in 24 hours so it seems like no big deal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

At 3.12 at the moment with a steady, heavy rain picking up again.

@Rtd208 are you out there? Hope you’re doing OK!

That amount seems a little low even for an hour or so ago unless you didn't include last nights rainfall amounts prior to midnight. Storm total rainfall is currently 3.93"

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic