Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Anyone forecasting normal or above normal snowfall for this winter is in trouble. We're down like 21-0 in the 3rd quarter and our offense is doing nothing.

Have you looked at the history of our best Niños? Just take a look at our biggest snows and tell me when most of them fell. (Hint: Only one of them fell before mid-January)

Have you looked at the history of our best Niños? Just take a look at our biggest snows and tell me when most of them fell. (Hint: Only one of them fell before mid-January)

There’s still time for a hecs, but this is the type of system we should be able to score at least on the front end. We’re just not good at arctic air…and that’s really our best way to tame a southern stream system.

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Is there anything we can do on the ground level to make it go away? Get people to point their fans to the sky? Nuke the vort? I’m open to ideas

I see the 12Z EURO has pushed some of us right past denial and fear...

Untitled 2.png

• Like 2

What the fuq.  I just got the results of the WB December forecast competition.  I was in the top 25% of entries...beat almost half the models and 33% of WB's professional forecasters.  If that doesn't tell you what kind of scam this industry is then nothing will.  I don't even drink and I still think I was drunk when I made my entries.

"Congratulations on ranking 19 out of 72 competitors in WeatherBELL's December Forecast Competition! You've shown impressive skill in long-range weather forecasting, beating 3 out of 7 models and 2 out of 6 members of the WeatherBELL team!"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

To be clear, I'm hoping for 3" - 5" of snow at home this weekend. We've been in a bad snow drought since 2016 as a region and folks are almost zero tolerance for another rug pull. That is complete understandable.

I think that’s also why many won’t just be happy with a 2-3” event, especially those who haven’t seen a warning-level storm in almost 8 years.

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I think that’s also why many won’t just be happy with a 2-3” event, especially those who haven’t seen a warning-level storm in almost 8 years.

I am one of those but would kill to just see snow falling and accumulating even that much at this point- just need to get the taste of last year's monster two tenths of an inch out of my mouth (as it were, calm yourself ravensrule)

12 minutes ago, IronTy said:

What the fuq.  I just got the results of the WB December forecast competition.  I was in the top 25% of entries...beat almost half the models and 33% of WB's professional forecasters.  If that doesn't tell you what kind of scam this industry is then nothing will.  I don't even drink and I still think I was drunk when I made my entries.

"Congratulations on ranking 19 out of 72 competitors in WeatherBELL's December Forecast Competition! You've shown impressive skill in long-range weather forecasting, beating 3 out of 7 models and 2 out of 6 members of the WeatherBELL team!"

Is JB offering you a job? :lol:

20 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

ANother one shits the bed for I-95. Saw it coming from a mile away. ANyone who thinks this shifts back east is delusional.

The thing is we’re not really “a shift away”.  There is no deep cold air.  The best model runs had the metros at 34-35.  Too warm.  Next. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, H2O said:

The 3 models you beat were the CRAS, NAM and ICON.  Nothing to brag about, bro

I wonder which models they use - since it's an entire month I assumed it was the long range models.  Whichever three it was they should just pay me their dev fees and I'll spit out random number that'll be more accurate.  The secret is no matter what the pattern looks like to just guess positive on the anomalies.  Almost a guaranteed lock.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic