Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It truly doesn’t get more ugly than the 00z gfs. Flooding rains for most of New England followed by days and days of drizzle and light rain leading up to Christmas.

shut em down 

I say let’s go balls to the wall when it comes to moisture. I mean hey, most of our summer was practically stymied by days of rain, fog and clammy hands. You might as well try and push those records to the max considering the type of weather we’ve had since June. Go big or go home baby!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, WJX231 said:

Probably they just don't want to deal with the damage, which I can understand, especially people who live around a lot of tall trees. But personally I will take crazy winds of that caliber over snow as well. Snow is fun too don't get me wrong but I think the roar and sheer power of wind is much more fascinating. I hope I get to see something like that in my lifetime. For me personally March 2, 2018 is the benchmark for long duration intense winds, although a microburst in July 2012 also gave very brief 80-90 mph gusts and blinding rain.

Its a -fold issue for me:

1)  l live in an area that is notorious for underperforming on winds in the MRV....this issue is augmented by the fact that guidance is usually overzealous, as well.

2) The "upside" is a loss of power with three little kids.

Pass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WJX231 said:

I remember that one well! I was very young. Winds weren't the big story with that in my area at least. February 8-9, 2013 was by far the most intense winds I've ever seen in a blizzard.

I think it was the March Super Storm for me....Feb 2013 maybe second.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Yea it’s warm, but take up those progged surface temps with this look, Saturday and Sunday. Low 50’s make more sense across SNE away from the immediate shore.

…Heavy clouds and all, this is a furnace that’s going to take the climo corrections to the woodshed. 

Won’t see it in guidance, ever, either—we’ll just wake up to it.

IMG_0414.png

IMG_0413.png

I hope so....snow isn't on the table and I am planning one more run at leaf touch up.

2 hours ago, wdrag said:

Good Wednesday morning... I'll probably start a thread around 9AM for the Sunday-Thursday "potential pair" of wet events that could eventually change to ice or wet snow to I84 Tuesday-Wednesday.  Substantial rainfall is outlooked... probably at least an inch for virtually the entire NYC subforum and possibly isolated 6" worst case.  Persistent northeast winds for possibly up to 4-5 days could be a coastal flood problem, but far too early to be sure.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One thing I like is that the brief Stein from November seems to be a thing of the past.....seems to be plenty of precip. I know the @TauntonBlizzard2013's of the world will expect that to abate once the cold comes, but I don't think so.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It truly doesn’t get more ugly than the 00z gfs. Flooding rains for most of New England followed by days and days of drizzle and light rain leading up to Christmas.

shut em down 

Don’t sweat it. CC has forced Santa to transform his sleigh into jet ski. He’ll get there… after dodging a CT Wolf attack first.

• Haha 6