Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I thought they wouldn’t have but still running top to bottom.

I was surprised to see Waterville keep them running all night. Even now in what I assume are marginal conditions. There looks to be a warm layer around 3500-4000'

Looks like we picked up about an inch. Still below 30F @ 1100'

Had a few flakes at 9:20 but nothing more until 10:50.  Lgt snow since then, but temp is 32-33 and we're almost to solar noon, so unless it snows a lot harder, we'll not have more than a trace.  Only place the flakes are surviving is on the upturned edges of the few oak leaves still on the tree.  Timing is everything.

Edit:  Radar shows a short burst of mod snow now coming overhead, so maybe a tenth or 2 to whiten the lawn.

Really interesting to see some potential for tropical activity within the next 10 days. This may be a long shot but there may be a system in the Gulf late weekend/early next week which could materialize into something and the GFS has been really hinting at a pretty power Caribbean storm later next week or next weekend. Now of course neither of these will have an impact on our sensible weather, but when looking at this from an atmospheric perspective and forcings...this could be a clue of how the pattern could evolve moving through the second half of the month.