Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2023

George BM

3 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

find the emotions to be quite similar...with the sports emotions being a bit more intense. Snow-wise it feels like watching a mediocre team for almost 8 years and desperately hoping for a turnaround, lol

This winter will turnaround snow-wise, and how!

30 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Salty sweet day yesterday...Vikings stink...Twins rock and I'm in San Diego so everything was over way before bedtime and it's 75 and sunny...I'll  let you decide if that last part is salty or sweet 

The Vikings whipsaw from the luck/clutchness last year to becoming a fumbling machine with bad clock management is jarring.  I think this team might be a bit better than last year's 13-win team, but my goodness, stop fumbling!

The Twins are a lot of fun to watch.  Pablo Lopez was such a great trade pickup and Correa is unbelievably clutch in the postseason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The Vikings whipsaw from the luck/clutchness last year to becoming a fumbling machine with bad clock management is jarring.  I think this team might be a bit better than last year's 13-win team, but my goodness, stop fumbling!

The Twins are a lot of fun to watch.  Pablo Lopez was such a great trade pickup and Correa is unbelievably clutch in the postseason.

I guess Dalvin Cook was the key to everything....kidding of course...agree it's stunning the lack of execution on the exact same situations as last year. Lost season but boy oh boy the Twins are fun. Johan Santana throws out first pitch to Joe Mauer game 3 :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Happy 44th anniversary to those that remember what happened that overnight/morning. It's what got me started keeping weather records :) 

That was crazy. Snow covering fully leafed trees that were still well before peak fall foliage. Would be very intriguing to experience again. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Orioles were in the postseason then as well

At least, in those days, it was the World Series.

Remember our relief staff, with the beautiful and fluid motion of Tippy Martinez. Remember Don Stanhouse, nicknamed "full pack" , because they say Weaver smoked a full pack to calm his nerves whenever the guy was on the mound. Even so, he was our best reliever in number of saves.

21 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

At least, in those days, it was the World Series.

Remember our relief staff, with the beautiful and fluid motion of Tippy Martinez. Remember Don Stanhouse, nicknamed "full pack" , because they say Weaver smoked a full pack to calm his nerves whenever the guy was on the mound. Even so, he was our best reliever in number of saves.

Good stuff. I got to meet Al Bumbry and he was really nice while giving tips to kids. He was the 1973 AL Rookie of the year and Vietnam vet tank commander - he is an O's legend.

• Like 1

Os line up is as cold as theirs is hot.

Rautschman lost at the plate. Mullins in a deep slump. OHearn slumping. Looks like Gunner is heating up but to little to late.

It's a shame. They had one he'll of a season.

7 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Outstanding Texas lineup and everyone got hot at the same time.  What a shame.  Congrats @yodathough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Os line up is as cold as theirs is hot.

Rautschman lost at the plate. Mullins in a deep slump. OHearn slumping. Looks like Gunner is heating up but to little to late.

It's a shame. They had one he'll of a season.

something to be said for teams that were fighting all the way to 162 vs teams that were cruising.  Although it seems like Atlanta finally woke up.

30 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

something to be said for teams that were fighting all the way to 162 vs teams that were cruising.  Although it seems like Atlanta finally woke up.

Os Bats finished the season in a slump. Unfortunately it carried over to the post season. 

And I think the 5 day layoff is a disadvantage in some ways

• Like 3

This year sure was fun while it lasted, but the team knew they weren't going to go far the minute the trade deadline passed without the top shelf pitching needed to survive the inevitable slumps at the bat. If the team wants to make deeper runs in the next few years they will need to spend big on pitching while all their stud bats are on their rookie contracts.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic