Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is nothing more triggering than a nice mow and cleanup and then you awake to a massive carpet of leaves. Like you wasted 7 hours the day before. Makes me very violent.

I cleaned Tuesday and my woke up to my driveway covered by leaves/pine needles. I was up early enough to leaf blow them off before it started to rain

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is nothing more triggering than a nice mow and cleanup and then you awake to a massive carpet of leaves. Like you wasted 7 hours the day before. Makes me very violent.

dude, you just triggered me. more leaves now than when I started yesterday 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So... It's looking like the storm for Tuesday night into Wednesday has faded for SNE? 

Yeah. Maybe someone sees some flakes, but where the precip does move in will be too warm for snow. As it departs and the s/w moves in, maybe there is enough moisture for some to see first flakes, but that isn’t high confidence.

30 minutes ago, alex said:

Im in Springfield MA but a few flakes just starting in Bretton Woods per our camera (https://www.brettonwoodsvacations.com/webcam/

Nice Alex!  I never saw this cam.  With the view of the roof too you can get an idea of accumulations, at least in wet snow events.  Definately a bookmarker

What a strange fall for leaves. The fungus got about half the trees and they all turned brown and dropped in late Sept/ early Oct. Then we had some brighter reds that lasted 3 days and then turned brown and dropped last week. The Oaks were mainly brown and even the green ones last week turned brown in 2 days late last week and rained down the last two days. Somehow even with a furnaced fall.. they’ll still mainly all be down well before Tgiving 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a strange fall for leaves. The fungus got about half the trees and they all turned brown and dropped in late Sept/ early Oct. Then we had some brighter reds that lasted 3 days and then turned brown and dropped last week. The Oaks were mainly brown and even the green ones last week turned brown in 2 days late last week and rained down the last two days. Somehow even with a furnaced fall.. they’ll still mainly all be down well before Tgiving 

Yeah given how warm the fall has been I’m surprised how much has fallen. Maples are pretty much done as well as other species. I’m probably a few days behind you.

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Nice Alex!  I never saw this cam.  With the view of the roof too you can get an idea of accumulations, at least in wet snow events.  Definately a bookmarker

Yeah and you can see the ski slopes (when it’s now snowing lol). Keep in mind the roof is very windswept so you don’t get much accumulation on it 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah given how warm the fall has been I’m surprised how much has fallen. Maples are pretty much done as well as other species. I’m probably a few days behind you.

And with no frosts or freezes . I think that fungus and wet summer probably affected just about all species to some degree.