Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When you are surrounded by bleak oaks you get jaded like Kev is. There is some spectacular areas for sure.

Some years oaks can put on a spectacular crimson show...

This year they look like vomit yellow around here -

so yeah.  any species that dodged the Septoria bullets may pop particularly vibrantly against that backdrop of baby shit beige

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When you are surrounded by bleak oaks you get jaded like Kev is. There is some spectacular areas for sure.

Spot on.  

Plenty of great color out there. We’ve said ad-nauseam that it isn’t a banner year at all. But it is plenty decent to quite good now in many spots.  Mother Nature did not deny us some beautiful color. 

• Like 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Oh no complaints here, I just laughed at the look next week. Flashbacks of last winter.

yeah jokes aside I think if anything the 2-m temp progs could be underdone Thursday and Friday if those 00z runs were to work out.  I saw it be 79 F two days, back to back, in early November of 2020 ( after the Halloween snow that year ) to underscore an Indian Summer...  We're 3 weeks before then?  we can touch 80. 

Don't know if it will or what altostrata shit streaks times just perfectly wrongly or what else is going to do it, but +15C 850 well mixed under a low RH ceiling seems like 72F is too conserved.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Its not a warm-up, many places will be challenging all-time October records across several days

But downplay all you want 

You’re starting to piss me off pal…go stick your records in your a$$.  I hope we break every f’n one of em..how’s that grab ya.

And Contrary to what you’re insinuating, I have zero issues with the warm up/or record breaking warm up(that’s not even here yet, yet it’s record breaking lol)as you’re calling it. Today It’s a quintessential autumn day here….52-53 degrees, cool and breezy with partly cloudy skies…feels great. 

We’ve been stepping down slowly but surely…And more of that will be here at Halloween or right about then. 

And BTW, go back in your own pathetic forum. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You’re starting to piss me off pal…go stick your records in your a$$.  I hope we break every f’n one of em..how’s that grab ya.

And Contrary to what you’re insinuating, I have zero issues with the warm up/or record breaking warm up(that’s not even here yet, yet it’s record breaking lol)as you’re calling it. Today It’s a quintessential autumn day here….52-53 degrees, cool and breezy with partly cloudy skies…feels great. 

We’ve been stepping down slowly but surely…And more of that will be here at Halloween or right about then. 

Fight!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

image.thumb.png.f99dd4b77834e309560bb1f0ae7f179e.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Dumping.  Gusting 50mph too.

Snow level 2500ft.

Was coming here to see if anyone knew what the snow level was. I guessed 3000’ when we were coming through the White Mts. on our way home from Augusta, ME. What a miserable day. Rain all the way and temps 37°-45°. 

Temperatures will be around seasonable on Tue. By Wed,
highs climb into the mid 60s to low 70s. Then am anticipating highs
generally in the 70s for Thu through Sat. At the moment think temps
in the 80s are a stretch given the nil probs per the EPS/GEFS/GEPS,
but if there is slightly stronger mixing Thu/Fri then think this is
not out of the question. Best shot would be across the CT/Merrimack Valley.

wow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Could’ve been a real nice sow event in December with this east flow, Pretty raw day with rain and some wind, 44F, 1.45” for the event since yesterday, A Pats win took the edge off some though.

Great for attendance at the show in Augusta though. The vendors I talked to were pretty happy with it. I even met Eastmark from the HCS forum. Nice guy. 

• Like 2