Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

32 minutes ago, weathafella said:

There’s a fat squirrel running through the garden in the back today. So there’s that....

Do the squirrels consumption of acorns affect total expected snowfall?

i.e.:  5" of acorns left un-vaccumed on the lawn, minus 2" of acorns due to aggressive squirrel consumption, equals less snow IMBY?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Layman said:

i.e.:  5" of acorns left un-vaccumed on the lawn, minus 2" of acorns due to aggressive squirrel consumption, equals less snow IMBY?

You're using the acorn to squirrel ratio for snowfall predictions? Maybe that's a new one we can track along with snow cover in Canada.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Layman said:

The river of despair was running so high at my spot last year, that I can't see last year's futility being topped.

pathetic snow.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That is absolutely absurd… going full months between accumulating snowfall in CT in the winter.

6 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

More than half of my snowfall last year fell in 2 hours while I was out of town in late January. By the time I got back, most of it had melted. I remember the one day we had subzero temps. The next day was warm in the sun at 50F. What an abortion of a winter last season was. 

That’s why this winter will definitely be better..without a doubt. Bet on it. Normal will seem like a blockbuster…we take. 

• Like 2

Last year was a top 5 pile of dog crap in huge metro areas.  Even up in Jay, it was "ok" saved by late Feb and March, but the pack was 0-5 around new years at 1800'. This year will not repeat.  Slow, gradual starts to winter are just fine.  No need for October snow.  GEFS look normal once past next week, which would get snow possibilities in NNE where it should be in early Nov.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

More than half of my snowfall last year fell in 2 hours while I was out of town in late January. By the time I got back, most of it had melted. I remember the one day we had subzero temps. The next day was warm in the sun at 50F. What an abortion of a winter last season was. 

That triggered a memory from 59 years ago in NNJ.  Evening of 3/21 I'd been babysitting 5 neighbor kids whose parents said they would not be back until 1-2 next morn.  NYC forecast was WSW (they had 4.9") and flakes came in occasional bunches all evening but didn't stick.  Kids long abed when mom & dad returned a bit after 2 and heavy SN had arrived, 1"+ new paste on the road for an interesting drive home.  Got to bed about 2:30 and slept until 10, looked out the window at blazing sun and the only evidence it had snowed was some white patches in the shadows of bigger trees.  It had been a good winter - 50-55" - but that total melt while I slept was still disappointing.

Actually saw the sun for a minute or two this morning, now socked in and mid 50s.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody is mowing in December for god sakes… lmfao.  

Maybe if it’s warm enough…we can mow in January(Mow-anuary) too…let’s do it.  

Month of November is written off to be summer like on 10/16..so let’s just write off December and January too while we at it. Maybe in Feb we can put the mowers away for a week or two, and get em back out for the first week of March.   

I probably mow leaves in December.