Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

3 hours ago, KTBFFH1905 said:

Did my first fall clean up in the yard yesterday. My big oaks are still full of green leaves, but in my 5 years at the house I have never seen so many acorns. Anyone else have this going on? It means big dumps this winter right? :snowing:

My sister's large deck was loaded with acorns, I cleaned them up yesterday and they were back today. We blow it off the deck and she has a nut pick up basket and gives them to her neighbor to feed her goats. Goats are gonna be fat this winter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

Considering it's been such a crappy year for foliage It didn't look half bad in the woods today.

20231016_125136.jpg

Driving home from Maine this morning there was some areas that had good color, New Hampshire was probably the best then it got sporadic. I remember we took a class trip in 1977 to Walden Pond and I just remember the colors that fall were so vibrant and widespread, it was the best foliage I remember, ever and of course we had an epic winter topped off by the 78 blizzard. Not sure if there's any correlation.

• Like 1

Nobody is mowing in December for god sakes… lmfao.  

Maybe if it’s warm enough…we can mow in January(Mow-anuary) too…let’s do it.  

Month of November is written off to be summer like on 10/16..so let’s just write off December and January too while we at it. Maybe in Feb we can put the mowers away for a week or two, and get em back out for the first week of March.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody is mowing in December for god sakes… lmfao.  

Maybe if it’s warm enough…we can mow in January(Mow-anuary) too…let’s do it.  

Month of November is written off to be summer like on 10/16..so let’s just write off December and January too while we at it. Maybe in Feb we can put the mowers away for a week or two, and get em back out for the first week of March.   

All true in a warming world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

Driving home from Maine this morning there was some areas that had good color, New Hampshire was probably the best then it got sporadic. I remember we took a class trip in 1977 to Walden Pond and I just remember the colors that fall were so vibrant and widespread, it was the best foliage I remember, ever and of course we had an epic winter topped off by the 78 blizzard. Not sure if there's any correlation.

Yup.  I remember driving home for fall break in the third week of October, 1977.  Going west to east along I80 in PA, it was incredible.