Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

8 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Actually the radar is missing quite a bit of drizzle and light rain... had to take a drive from Burlington to New Britain and back through the Farmington Valley west into the Harwinton area and went through several pockets of drizzle / light rain... none of which were on the radar...

Ahh ok…good to know. I stand corrected then. Thanks John. 

Yesterday was the 16th straight totally dry day, probably the longest such run I've had here, though I'm too lazy to look very hard for a longer one.  I did look up September 2020, which had only 0.15" thru the 29th (and 1.14" in a howling NE storm on the 30th - ran the genny 10 hours, longest since installation).  That month had a 14-day dry spell.  Jan-Feb 2010 had a 25-day run with no measurable but with 5 trace days, one of which was a 0.1" dusting.

In the 3 days since I posted the "Early Corner" pic at peak, we've had major leaf drop, now at 70% and near total where that pic was taken.  All this with very little wind.  I guess when it's time, it's time, weather or not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Yesterday was the 16th straight totally dry day, probably the longest such run I've had here, though I'm too lazy to look very hard for a longer one.  I did look up September 2020, which had only 0.15" thru the 29th (and 1.14" in a howling NE storm on the 30th - ran the genny 10 hours, longest since installation).  That month had a 14-day dry spell.  Jan-Feb 2010 had a 25-day run with no measurable but with 5 trace days, one of which was a 0.1" dusting.

In the 3 days since I posted the "Early Corner" pic at peak, we've had major leaf drop, now at 70% and near total where that pic was taken.  All this with very little wind.  I guess when it's time, it's time, weather or not.

Yeah I think this looks primed to come down in the rain.  If we get 2” and some breeze, it’ll be stick season real fast.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ahh ok…good to know. I stand corrected then. Thanks John. 

No biggie... not terribly important in the grand scheme of things; pretty common occurrence in these low-level saturated setups.  Visibility down to a few hundred feet in the hills... at least locally... couple models, especially euro, the nailed eastern CT rain this morning.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FXWX said:

No biggie... not terribly important in the grand scheme of things; pretty common occurrence in these low-level saturated setups.  Visibility down to a few hundred feet in the hills... at least locally... couple models, especially euro, the nailed eastern CT rain this morning.

Looks to be concentrated to the higher terrain here in E CT

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Figured today would be a misty/drizzly day in places. MOS/NBM profiles across the region yesterday were showing some low visibility numbers with BR in the obs. Sometimes you'll see the NAM go wonky with that stuff but GFS/NBM were like that too so consensus was there.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, Typhoon Tip said:

It's probably dietary/metabolic ..which can be related to hormonal changes beyond mid life but its just as likely the Americana/western civil diet needs to be fixed.

I actually have a much better diet than most guys I know just over 50!  I've always watched out for that and just can't believe some of the crap I see some regularly stuffing their faces with! Fast/processed food is such poison. BTW Thai food FTW

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Figured today would be a misty/drizzly day in places. MOS/NBM profiles across the region yesterday were showing some low visibility numbers with BR in the obs. Sometimes you'll see the NAM go wonky with that stuff but GFS/NBM were like that too so consensus was there.

Agree... I went with low clouds/fog/mist/drizzle with very spotty areas of light rain, but nothing significant for the majority of the region until later this evening; did highlight eastern CT for some decent showers this morning into early afternoon...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Off topic... looking for the link that shows current locations of airport AWOS / ASOS units?  Specifically, for KBDR?  looking for map or image showing the location of the ASOS at BDR?  I used to have a for this info, but can't find it?  thx

METAR/Synop Information for KBDR in SIKORSKY MEMORIAL AIRPORT, CT, United States (gladstonefamily.net)

I just update the ID in the url.

1 hour ago, MJOatleast7 said:

Need a lot more of that - have to start buiding up snowcover south of Hudson Bay in a big way in the next couple of weeks.

Does that eve do anything for sne or is this weenie science . I recall folks salivating for Siberian snow cover or something in October ...then that fetish went away . Seems like it fills a void for something for someone in sne to do While they wait for winter to appear in December or whenever it may .