Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2023

wdrag

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Almost Looks like a PRE or inverted trough associated with Phillipe as he interacts with the trough. We’ll probably have to wait until this gets within the range of the CAMS to see if this feature is real. 

Yes exactly.  Been showing up on some the models for a couple days.

• Like 1

The next 8 days are averaging   63degs.(56/69) or +3.

Reached 79 here yesterday at 5:30pm.

Today:   74-77, wind e., scattered clouds, 66 tomorrow AM.

63*(86%RH) here at 7am.    66* at 9am.       70* at Noon.     73* at 3pm.     Reached 76* at 5pm.     70* at 7pm.

16 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Living along the Wallkill River this is fog season, here's a shot from this morning driving up the hill and out of the fog

IMG_5401.jpeg

Good morning Rob a magnificent photo. It brings to mind the last few lines of S & G’s Homeward Bound.     
Home where my thought escapin’

Home where my musics playin’

Home where my love lies waitin’

Silently for me

Silently for me  ……………….. 

Sadly no longer, stay well, as always ……

• Thanks 3

This and the HRRR 48 hour were the best for the record deluge NYC last Friday.

This and other models are hinting spot 3-5" NYC forum... where exactly is not confidently stated yet... but have a look at this through 22z/Saturday.  Highlighted an amount near NYC...most of this Saturday. Click for clarity. 105P/5.

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 1.01.33 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wdrag said:

This and the HRRR 48 hour were the best for the record deluge NYC last Friday.

This and other models are hinting spot 3-5" NYC forum... where exactly is not confidently stated yet... but have a look at this through 22z/Saturday.  Highlighted an amount near NYC...most of this Saturday. Click for clarity. 105P/5.

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 1.01.33 PM.png

Interesting…thanks for posting.

https://gsl.noaa.gov/focus-areas/unified_forecast_system/rrfs

Within the NOAA model unification effort, the RRFS represents the evolution of the NAM, RAP, HRRR, and HREF systems to a new unified deterministic and ensemble storm-scale system. This new system is targeted for initial operational implementation in late 2024 as a planned replacement for the NAMnest, HRRR, HiResWindows, and HREF. While the standalone regional (SAR) FV3 model is being developed for convection-allowing forecasting of a limited area (CONUS), other possible components of the RRFS are being tested now in the experimental, WRF-based High-Resolution Rapid Refresh Ensemble (HRRRE). Experimental runs of the HRRRE at GSL are focused particularly on: 

• Improving 0-12 h high-resolution forecasts through ensemble-based, multi-scale data assimilation 
  • Producing spread in 0-36 h ensemble forecasts through initial-condition perturbations, boundary-condition perturbations, and stochastic physics.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Interesting…thanks for posting.

https://gsl.noaa.gov/focus-areas/unified_forecast_system/rrfs

Within the NOAA model unification effort, the RRFS represents the evolution of the NAM, RAP, HRRR, and HREF systems to a new unified deterministic and ensemble storm-scale system. This new system is targeted for initial operational implementation in late 2024 as a planned replacement for the NAMnest, HRRR, HiResWindows, and HREF. While the standalone regional (SAR) FV3 model is being developed for convection-allowing forecasting of a limited area (CONUS), other possible components of the RRFS are being tested now in the experimental, WRF-based High-Resolution Rapid Refresh Ensemble (HRRRE). Experimental runs of the HRRRE at GSL are focused particularly on: 

• Improving 0-12 h high-resolution forecasts through ensemble-based, multi-scale data assimilation 
  • Producing spread in 0-36 h ensemble forecasts through initial-condition perturbations, boundary-condition perturbations, and stochastic physics.

Excellent addition-explanation of where we may be going.  Takes time.

I think the SPC HREF, HRRR and RRFS should have a better idea of amounts and axis..especaily the 12z/6 versions but even the 00z/6 should be of use.

• Like 1

Just now, wdrag said:

Excellent addition-explanation of where we may be going.  Takes time.

I think the SPC HREF, HRRR and RRFS should have a better idea of amounts and axis..especaily the 12z/6 versions but even the 00z/6 should be of use.

I wonder what it would be like to run a global system like that out to 360 hrs as an ensemble mean. I have read they want to upgrade the ECMWF EPS to 4-5 km closer to convection allowing resolution. 

• Like 2