• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Ophelia—Tropical Storm Warning for Coastal Mid-Atlantic

WxWatcher007

with most areas close to DC seeing between 2 and 3 inches of rainfall, it would seem the models handled this overall pretty well.  some yesterday were worried we would underperform on QPF, but it looks like instead of turning NE as the NHC and a few others predicted, the remnants of Ophelia pretty much stayed on a northerly track enabling the overnight rains to keep well within the I-95 corridor and points west.  Despite the overall weakening trend, because the remnants were moving at a fairly slow pace, the rainfall amounts kept adding up nicely, especially for those in the worst drought areas.  As of now Dulles looks like they got about 2.75" for a local airport jackpot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Random Chaos said:

While it's still raining in some areas, here are initial rainfall estimates from https://mrms.nssl.noaa.gov/qvs/product_viewer/

IMG_3496.jpeg

Thanks for posting that link!  I've been looking for a good precip map after iweather ruined theirs

I got another 1.1 overnight into this morning for an event total of 2.6 and an incredible 8.4 for September.  The yard is lush, green and squishy after being rock-hard during the drought.  I went from August 7 to Sept 8 with zero rain, capped by that ridiculous heat wave at the end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Random Chaos said:

While it's still raining in some areas, here are initial rainfall estimates from https://mrms.nssl.noaa.gov/qvs/product_viewer/

IMG_3496.jpeg

And here's my anemometer output:

Screenshot%202023-09-24%20at%209.28.57%2

Thanks for that.  Interesting gradient between the dark red blotch IVO of Vienna/Tysons and the light green rain hole IVO Dulles/Leesburg.    

• mappy unpinned this topic