Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August model and weather disco

weathafella

14 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Beautiful night on songo queen. Cherry Cherry Neil Diamond band9214ff6107d91a0bc232d171567d157f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

It's a nice ride on Long Lake.  Been on the boat just once, in 1986 a month after a defoliating hailstorm that featured some baseball-size chunks.  The canopy had hundreds of duct-tape patches.  :o

• Like 2

It's pretty clear that at least for us here in New England ... SE Canada and the eastern OV for that matter, "summer's back was broken" ( I actually hate that sentiment -) when that front cleared the region back on July 29. 

Earliest I've ever seen a season try committing to the onset of seasonal change, too.  Typically the back gets painful and the season tries to sit down Aug 20 ..give or take.  But this was actual break, an entry into what really appeals like we've been in (Autumn + CC)/2 ...  something like that, ever since.

Anyway, the big over top high with 552 dm hydrostats engulfing the area ... now D6 on the most recent run of the operational GFS, has actually been on the charts for some 8 cycles of consistency.  Seems it's real....  That's going to frost in climo cold holes of interior Central and NNE.   It won't be pervasive enough to raise headlines, but it'll be 40F at 5am with isolated 35 car top glisteners ... 

I see the backside woosh and bounce back attempt out there beyond?  But I doubt it.  This persistency of pattern to carve out the circulation mode over eastern mid latitudes of the continent ( I suspect - ) is more than merely a "pattern" in and of itself and is tied to some other hemispheric/planetary phenomenon.  I mean it's a pattern, but because of the latter, it's exceeding the standard 45 and 90 day interval/philosophy on that.   It's more changing/going to change at the rate of seasonal migration...   digress -

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

How about France ... 104 F for days in a heat wave at latitudes similar to ORD-BOS. 

I saw 38C today (100F) on the car between Vienna and Bratislava.  It’s been an absolute oven walking while walking around European cities.  It is a “dry” heat with upper 50s dews and 25-30% RH which makes it at least tolerable. Shade is ok just sitting at a cafe, sun is an absolute furnace.

Supposed to be in the 90s every day in every city until I leave after next weekend.

The NE US just sits nice and relatively comfy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wiz doesn’t even get tstorms on Friday.. Last storm was this past Friday . Just pure boredom and cold nights ahead. Awful 

We may be able to get some elevated activity Thursday night. 

This kind of sucks because all ingredients will be in place for good severe, it's just the timing of everything is all off. I don't think we can totally write off Friday yet though, especially if we can warm sector. 

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Actually Paris is well north of all of us at 48 and change N.  Cannes on the southern coast is 43.5-north of anywhere in sne. 

right, the article I happened by spoke of 'southern' France - hence 'similar'

not sure how far n the anomalies are spreading

Yeah... I don't like the expression,  but not because I loathe summer.  I don't like it because it's pointless - I blame myself, too... Because I remember using that expression back in like 2007 or 2008,  and it's stuck.  Now ...I'm not sure I'm the one that brought that expression to bear, but I don't recall it used prior and regret it that it's been used ever since.

It doesn't make sense, either.  Truth is, it can be in the 90s through September 10, any given year, ...even after it has only seemed as though the corner was turned already. I was doing it in a moment of whimsy/jest all them years ago, and now it's like some kind of metric to get those that love winter onto their course of dopamine recovery LOL...   But those that need back break want to start actual internet squabbles over it.  heh

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't understand how someone loathes summer. The season is full of fun and making memories. Unless you bury bodies and pave driveways for a living.

I loathe the high humidity days-tough to do much other than swim at a pool but that gets old after awhile

• Confused 1