Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August model and weather disco

weathafella

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I could see a warm risk especially first half. Doubt we keep constant troughing. 

We, myself included, have been saying we can't keep constant trough for weeks now, but the footprint refuses to budge.  Eventually it will exit, but I'm not betting it happens in the short term...

Just now, FXWX said:

We, myself included, have been saying we can't keep constant trough for weeks now, but the footprint refuses to budge.  Eventually it will exit, but I'm not betting it happens in the short term...

Probably sometime early December riding builds in and dominates for a few months 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, FXWX said:

I think the MJO will shake it up a bit. Not saying 90s, but maybe a lot of 75-85 stuff. Hopefully more 80s.

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Would rather 80s. We usually have this weather near Christmas.

Ya it’s unseasonably cool outside as it has been most of August. Would rather it be 80-85 in August instead of 73-78, although it is comfortable, but we can save that for September, October and then again May and June. The beach was chilly yesterday, we have such a short beach season as it is, late June to late August, you really want to maximize it when it should be warm. 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pleasantly warm over the interior at noon with full sun. I'll cut Scoot some slack since it looks a little cooler along the shore down there with a little cirrus thrown in as well.

082223temps.gif

69.9.  :( 

All kidding aside, I do enjoy the warm season.  Last winter broke me. Another winter like that and I'll be looking at condos in APF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It's great if I was laying down asphalt.

Or walking around and visiting cities.  God, I’d love those temps right now.  If you aren’t near a water park, these 90-100F temps in Europe are useless.

I know you just like the summer beach vibes but every time this discussion comes up I can’t help but think those temps are great for literally EVERYTHING that doesn’t involve swimming.  Like any other activity, not just paving roads lol.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All kidding aside, I do enjoy the warm season.  Last winter broke me. Another winter like that and I'll be looking at condos in APF.

AVL looks better to me every year. Short winters, the chance of a biggie, and long warm summers. Average annual min since 2000 of 9F for a solid 7B growing zone. They haven't even gotten below 20F there in 2 of the last 3 winters. :lol:

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Or walking around and visiting cities.  God, I’d love those temps right now.  If you aren’t near a water park, these 90-100F temps in Europe are useless.

I know you just like the summer beach vibes but every time this discussion comes up I can’t help but think those temps are great for literally EVERYTHING that doesn’t involve swimming.  Like any other activity, not just paving roads lol.

Touring cities is tough in anything over 85

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just like “winter”!

Like in winter if it doesn't come by 2/1 or so, it's probably not coming.  Time to give up the ghost on big heat/big humidity outside of a random day here or there.  Summer's back was broken with the big front on 7/29/23 and the surgeon has yet to show up for the surgery....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Touring cities is tough in anything over 85

It’s sort of funny… millions of people around and literally zero out in the sun in most of the squares.  Only people are in the shade at cafe’s and eateries lining buildings… but only on the shady sides.

It’s just too hot to even walk through the sunny areas.

Ghost cities due to heat.  Everyone inside during the day and come out at night. 

7C1A59A0-CA20-4DC8-8746-7819ABEFE61C.thumb.jpeg.f4f02ba6bd76fba7838caa4c25c7fa9b.jpeg

9E6095A6-1C8A-46A0-8A1A-4A3E41C90482.thumb.jpeg.7d891c74cdda42c39a25d8a51b732e28.jpeg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t know why I allowed myself to believe that there could be a reconciliation with winter after the last basically decade of misery (lived in DC for part of the stretch).

Winter and I are divorced for good. Of course I’ll take action and will chase something high end, but I’m done breathlessly tracking and patiently waiting. Done. 

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

AVL looks better to me every year. Short winters, the chance of a biggie, and long warm summers. Average annual min since 2000 of 9F for a solid 7B growing zone. They haven't even gotten below 20F there in 2 of the last 3 winters. :lol:

Asheville?  Moonshine?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s sort of funny… millions of people around and literally zero out in the sun in most of the squares.  Only people are in the shade at cafe’s and eateries lining buildings… but only on the shady sides.

Ghost cities due to heat.  Everyone inside during the day and come out at night. 

7C1A59A0-CA20-4DC8-8746-7819ABEFE61C.thumb.jpeg.f4f02ba6bd76fba7838caa4c25c7fa9b.jpeg

9E6095A6-1C8A-46A0-8A1A-4A3E41C90482.thumb.jpeg.7d891c74cdda42c39a25d8a51b732e28.jpeg

Send scooter there.

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

From an old song about the Raj in India, "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun."

• Like 1