Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

46 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't understand why these synoptic products depict those negative 850 "anomalies" over the (assumed) high country like that, when the entire region is under a synopsis lidded by the opposite.  Where does that come from?  They all do that, too, not just the Euro.

Isn't the elevation of those areas above the 850mb level (well above 5,000 feet)?

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Oakham brewery in Brookfield is having a fest today. Is the place any good? Thanks in advance

I like it there.  Nice building.  The pizza there is great     They expanded their disc golf to 18 holes now 

I do like their beer but it is not anything groundbreaking       The owners/staff are friendly.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There's onshore flow potential next week as gulf storm gets stuck under building ridge mucking up any potential strong heat

Certainly true for the lower mid Atlantic ... 

.. if there is a late season heat signal, which there is, it's more apt to affect after Thursday/Friday up our way, anyway.  Then uncertainty as to magnitude and how long heading into week 2.   Labor day may actually be quite warm and humid if things break right.

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Usual torch spot of the BTV airport at -2.2.

MVL only -0.7 and MPV -1.2 with lack of good radiational cooling given clouds/rain.

BTV doesn’t radiate anyway (none baked into climo) so very cool departures.

August is currently -2.1 though today will be about +4.   Maxima at -4.0, minima -0.2; the shrinking diurnal ranges continue.
Edit:  Average diurnal range here for Jan-Aug is 22.5°.  2001 was the greatest at 25.5° and 2013 the least with 21.2°.  Thru 8/24 this year it's 19.7°.

1.17" from the recent event.  If we can match than next Tues/Wed we would be tied for 2nd wettest JJA.  2009 remains nearly 6" above this year - would take an unexpected left turn by Franklin to threaten that.

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve been to Oakholm .. great brewery 

Seemed like a nice place. Wicked deal too. 15 bucks all you could drink. I think there was supposed to be a time limit according to the color of your wristband but the Brewers don't give a crap . Altruist Brewing Company, Greater Good Imperial Brew Co., Loophole Brewing and a couple more .

• Like 2