Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

Still no power, so many trees were down in the neighborhood from the storm. Why do people root for severe weather? 

Came out to Deep Creek last night to escape the hot house. 

Yeah, it's a conundrum. It's a rush seeing the actual storm  but after walking around Woodley Park today, I was thankful I didn't have to deal with a 100 year old oak tree wrenched from the ground and lying in my yard, much less on my house.  

• Like 1

An absolutely spectacular day today - currently 72.8/52.1. 4.60" for the month, slightly below average. Warmest it got in July was 86.0 on the 28th. I moved out here mainly because of the improved winter weather chances (esp. compared to Germantown) since I can work remotely. I gave very little thought about how nice the summers would be; that was a mistake.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mattie g said:

Apparently picked up over an inch overnight. Not a bad thing since MBY barely got any rain from the Saturday storms.

Of course, I watered the garden yesterday prior to our vacation only to get that deluge last night. :lol:

Yeah. I was so ticked, as we didn't cover any furniture on the back patio (nor our electric fan!), because there was no indication, at least before bedtime LAST EVENING, that there would be heavy showers coming through early this A.M. Was so pissed to wake up to lightning alerts and a CLEARLY soaked back patio...AND electric fan. Ugh. Letting everything dry out, but these are times I desperately wish for a covered and screened-in back porch.  :) 

4 hours ago, katabatic said:

An absolutely spectacular day today - currently 72.8/52.1. 4.60" for the month, slightly below average. Warmest it got in July was 86.0 on the 28th. I moved out here mainly because of the improved winter weather chances (esp. compared to Germantown) since I can work remotely. I gave very little thought about how nice the summers would be; that was a mistake.

I’ve discovered much the same - winter was definitely my attraction to Deep Creek but the summers were an incredible surprise.  We were able to stay 2 full weeks in July and slept with the windows open all but a couple of nights.  If it wasn’t for a few hours in the late afternoon sun we could probably get by without AC at all.  Wish I could have been there today.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, katabatic said:

8 hours ago, RIC_WX said:

I’ve discovered much the same - winter was definitely my attraction to Deep Creek but the summers were an incredible surprise.  We were able to stay 2 full weeks in July and slept with the windows open all but a couple of nights.  If it wasn’t for a few hours in the late afternoon sun we could probably get by without AC at all.  Wish I could have been there today.

Yep, Canaan Valley NWR sensor down to 37 as of 5 am, got to love that on the 1st day of August lol.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for the month of July, 2023.

Averaged high was 84.5 degrees vs a normal of 83.9 degrees, a +0.6 above average. The warmest (and only +90 so far this year) temp was 90.4 degrees on the 29th. Averaged low was 62.1 degrees vs a normal of 62.8 degrees, a -0.7 degrees below average. The coolest temp recorded was 55.3 degrees on the 11th and 12th. Overall temp was 73.3 degrees vs a normal of 73.4 degrees, a -0.1 degrees below average. Total rainfall for the month was 3.69 inches vs a normal of 4.01 inches, a -0.32 inches below normal. There were 16 days with measurable, 5 days with a 'T' and 10 dry days. The greatest rainfall for month was 1.42 inches on the 14th, which is also a new daily rainfall record for that date. Highest wind recorded was 46 mph on the 29th. Overall almost a normal month! Records go back to October 1979.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3